Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Simple Key Fob Question

Jman

Corvette
Runs Like A Scalded Cat LT4 CE
I've got the key fob for my '96 and it just stopped working (or transmitting). I suspect there is a battery inside that called it quits? And it looks like you can pry it open? Not going there yet until I hear from ya'll. I'd hope that you can get these batteries anywhere but my experience is nothing is simple or cheap with these cars.

yea, sounds like the battery. (esp. if you have already followed the FOB programming section of the owners manual, and the PKE did not start working again)
http://www.batteries.com/ will carry the replacement battery.

do a search here on the CAC for Key FOB battery replacement.
Someone has a step by step as well as a few things to be careful not to break while replacing it.

Jman said:
I've got the key fob for my '96 and it just stopped working (or transmitting). I suspect there is a battery inside that called it quits? And it looks like you can pry it open? Not going there yet until I hear from ya'll. I'd hope that you can get these batteries anywhere but my experience is nothing is simple or cheap with these cars.
Yeah, you can get the battery (#DL2450 or equivalent) at anyplace, i.e., Radio Shack, Best Buys, etc., that sells those LCD batteries. The PKE uses one that is thin--not much bigger than a nickel, but smaller than a quarter.

1) Carefully pry the back from the transmitter.
2) Carefully move the little battery retainer and get the battery out.
3) Put new battery in NEGATIVE side down first.
4) Put the back on and squeeze 2 pieces together again.
5) Check and see if transmitter works--if not, you may have to reprogram it.

wave

Perfect

That picture was a big help - Before I posted the thread, I was indeed prying the other way. A quick trip down to Wally World has the locks popping like new. I wish all fixes were this easy - all is well in LT4 land.............

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom