Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: sixth gear

Gunner41

Corvette
1999 gray Hard Top
Driving on the highway in sixth gear at 70 I wanted to go faster. As soon as I pushed down on the gas to go faster I heard a click the engine RPM went up and the car begin so slow down. So I noticed that I was not in sixth gear anymore so I place it back into sixth and the care moved on. I tried to increase the speed again as I did before and the same thing happened again. Can anyone tell me what’s the cause of this problem. or what did I do wrong?

Driving on the highway in sixth gear at 70 I wanted to go faster. As soon as I pushed down on the gas to go faster I heard a click the engine RPM went up and the car begin so slow down. So I noticed that I was not in sixth gear anymore so I place it back into sixth and the care moved on. I tried to increase the speed again as I did before and the same thing happened again. Can anyone tell me what’s the cause of this problem. or what did I do wrong?

When the transmission "pops" out of gear, that can mean it needs repair.

If this is happening regularly, I'd have your service vendor check it out, you may need transmission work.

When the transmission "pops" out of gear, that can mean it needs repair.

If this is happening regularly, I'd have your service vendor check it out, you may need transmission work.

It only happened only on that day so far. I will check it again today.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom