Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: small gauge bezels differences

bretty

Corvette
1968 coupe
Whats the difference between a 68 small gauge bezel and later models.Is it just that the 68 has a smooth finish but the dimensions all the same? Are the later years all the same.Is there anything wrong with using a later model one on a 68 as they seem to be much cheaper or do they look terrible.
While Im at it what about wiper control bezels.Mine is snapped at the air con vent.Are they also different and can you get repros or do I need to look for a used one.

Looking at a cataloge, they have different holes for the seat belt push button, the guage holes seem to be the same. They show 2 different for a 68, early and late. The lens are for 68 to 76, so that would lead me to belive the guages are the same size. Anybody else know?

'68 bezels are one year only and smooth finished. '69 and up have a slight pebble grain finish. Ditto for the wiper bezel - smooth for '68.

You can use the '69 - up bezels in the '68. You might have to swap the tell-tales around.

:)

I don't EXACTLY recall, but the seat belt reminder is different between 68 and 69? Di the 68 have it at all?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom