Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

smaller steering wheel

harland

Corvette
1961 fawn beige convertible
I recently bought a 1961 that is being re-restored in Arkansas. I read somewhere that an owner of a similar car uses a smaller diameter steering wheel for comfort,etc. Has anyone found a suitable wheel and where did you buy it? I would want one, of course, that fits without damaging the spline,etc. thanks, Harland

Corvette
'67 Marina Blue Convertible
Corvette Central has a selection of smaller-diameter C1 steering wheels - with leather-covered rims, I think.

:beer

harland

Corvette
smaller leather wheel

Thanks, I will check it out. I don't know how easy or hard it is with a smaller wheel, but might make entering and exiting easier. I do find one odd think about this car, there is a 'raised structural' body part that I bump against when entering--seems you have to know where it is and adjust your entry. interesting. design feature! thanks, Harland

Corvette
63 Resto Coupe-Red 65 Roadster
Harland,

I opted for a smaller diameter wheel, along with a tilt column from " Flaming River " and will never go back to a full size steering wheel in any of my rides. Entrée and exit have now become a pleasure, and you know longer have to use the steering wheel as a hand hold when you try and slide into the drivers seat.

Highly recommended.

Stepinwolf

harland

Corvette
thanks for the tips-I really appreciate it. I think this may be a good option. I will research more. thanks, Harland

Muttley

Corvette
1962 Silver/Red NOM 350
Harland:
What color is your interior? I have a brand new red leather 15" wheel (by Chuck Pelton) that I've decided not to use. Hub/bell and mounting hardware kit are included. Horn button not included. I think retail for this was about $425. I'll part with it for $325 and free shipping.
-David

paul67

Corvette
1974 convertible
This is not terribly relevant for your year but others may be intererested. This is an early C3 15" cushion-grip wheel that I have re-furbished and will be putting on my 1967 in the spring to replace the 16".

steering005.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom