Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Smaller tires on the front?

try2pas

Corvette
1972- original; 1980 - restomod; 2016 - Z06
I am about to buy some new 15" tires for my '80 vette. I now have 255 60 on all four wheels. They are Dunlap GT Qualifyers. I can't get them anymore so I thought I'd go with the Firestone Indy 500. I'd put the 255 on the rear and either 255 or 235 on the front. Would there be any adavantage or disadvantage to the 255's vs 235's in front? I have tons of horsepower and would like to go with wider in the back but can't afford the off set trailing arms right now. The 235's are about 1" shorter in diameter which would make the car have a slight rake to the front. But is that going to move my CG forward and make me have less traction? Would the 235's handle hydroplaning better? What's your thoughts?

I'm running 255's on the rear and 245's on the front. it just worked out that way becuase I got a buy on the 245's when I had to replace the rears. Didn't want smaller on the rear, so put them up front. It has worked just fine for me and I like having the front down just a little.

Gary
SAVE the WAVE

I'm running 255/45-18 on the rear and 235/40-18 on the front. I like the look. Art

Not only two different size tires, I also use two different widths wheels...:upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom