Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Smart Struts

Red Dogs

Corvette
1981 Charcoal gray Coupe, 2001 Millenium Yellow
Has anyone here tried VB&P'S Smart struts ? I am considering them, look like a good product but was wondering if anyone had any experience with them for normal street driving. I have an 81 Vette and am going to put new tires on and have it aligned soon and I like the idea of the more even tire wear on the rear
Thanks

The stock strut rods will work just fine if the bushings are in good shape; you'll only get "more even tire wear" with the smart struts if your existing bushings are shot.
:beer

i have them as part of my VB&P performance plus kit. they work very well. they lower the rear clearence a little but it is nothing to worry about unless you drive down dirt roads with lots of pot holes. the smart struts allow the strut and half-shaft to travel in parallel resulting in the tire staying straight up and down throught the suspension swing. you will get better traction on hard launches and better traction in corners. stock ones will hold position with a stock motor, but if you start putting HP to the rear the stock struts will fold like butter, trust me.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom