Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

smoke

c4vette92

Corvette
2003 50th
does anyone have a sugestion on how to get rid of the smell of smoke in my vette ? the previous owner was a heavy smoker.
thanks stw

Ray, there are many odor eliminators out there, but as with anything, you're going to have to make the final decision as to what you can live with. I have yet to find one that suits my taste. :(

I had some orange-scented stuff for a while that wasn't bad, but there are also things that neutralize the odor with no smell of their own. It's going to be kind of hard to get rid of it completely short of replacing all of the fabric in the interior and thoroughly cleaning every bit of metal, plastic and glass. :eek

As a last resort, roll the windows down. ;)

Clean your door panels, seats, dash, ect with windex. Sam's Club sells a deodorizer,(gallon jug for about 8 bucks). Shampoo your carpets, then using a spray bottle, mist the deodorizer onto your carpet and let dry. Basically clean the whole interior with windex, then treat with armour all or whatever your preference is. This is how we use to do it in the used car clean-up biz.

It works in the fridge...

...after cleaning thoroughly, try leaving an open box of baking soda or a piece of charcoal on some tinfoil inside the vehicle when it is closed up and parked.
Silver

I have used baking soda, and it works pretty well. Don't forget to vacuum the carpets aggressively (several times). Clean the rest of your car (windows, seats, panels, etc.) with your favorite cleaner. Sometimes it helps to leave it outside on a humid, somewhat windy day (and clean it again afterwards).

I have been able to get a very strong smoke smell out of the Olds without the use of any deodorizers (because I cannot stand them), but it has taken several months and about 10 cleanings. Only used shampoo on the carpet once.

Good luck.

:upthumbs

-Greg

It will take a lot of cleaning, of everything inside, but in the long run it will help with the odor. You may never get rid of all of the smell, but you will get rid of most of it. Just keep spraying a deodorizer every month or so to help rid the car of any left over smell if any.

Clean everything, just as everyone else has said. I used FreeBreeze in mine and then took several sheets of Bounce fabric sheets and stuck them under the seats. The Bounce will suck up the oders pretty well but you have to change them out once a week.

BTW when I started cleaning mine out and while digging under the seats it became clear that cigarettes were not the only thing they had be smoking in my new toy. Glad I found that stuff... I'd hate to try and talk my way out of that one.:eek

Mike

mb6970 said:
BTW when I started cleaning mine out and while digging under the seats it became clear that cigarettes were not the only thing they had be smoking in my new toy. Glad I found that stuff... I'd hate to try and talk my way out of that one.:eek

Mike
Good thing you found out. Amazing what people will do while driving.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom