Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Smoked him.....

96lt4conv

Corvette
1996 White Convertible LT4
Quiet drive on the way home tonight - that is until an 01? Mustang COBRA SVT thought he could get the best of the LT4. It started as a 45 mph rolling start but after he was spanked severely he motioned that he wanted to start slower. So... I slowed to about 10mph, put it in first gear, he counted off the launch and I proceeded to obliviate his pride. It was obvious that he had done some work to his car, it ran much better than other COBRA SVTs I have seen, still no match. LT4 = FUN, FUN FUN

Scott

Way to go Scott. Keep them "rustangs" in their place. He'll be back under the hood tonight:D

Wow, that is good news! Is your LT4 stock? Aren't those late model SVT Cobras supercharged and supposedly 390 hp?

JCS44
LT4 Vert, Blk/Blk

jcs44 said:
Wow, that is good news! Is your LT4 stock? Aren't those late model SVT Cobras supercharged and supposedly 390 hp?

JCS44
LT4 Vert, Blk/Blk

I don't believe this car was supercharged, it didn't sound like it anyway.

My car has had a few mods - Forged lightweight pistons, 6" H-Beam rods, bored .040, new valve springs, lightweight flywheel. Every little thing helps.

Scott

The 03s and above have the roots style SC under the hood. The 01s are NA @320BHP. Still good job tho!! :beer

that a way

i know a kid with a 99 cobra....was the coolest car in town-then someone got a LT4 some ppl still thought his could whoop mine. i never really said nething cuz i knew what the LT4 can do, and the fact that like NOONE in this town know much of the LT4 they can think all they want....i know i could crush the cobra if i wanted.. toob bad i had the jeys taken away from my parents after a run in with a camaro... oh well

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom