Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Smoking Hot 2008 Callaway SC580 Corvette

T

TurboLuigi

HOLY MOLY!....:Silly

I got a test drive this weekend of the 2008 SC Callaway. :Steer

Callaway SC 580HP feels much stronger than the 2007 SC 560HP Test & Development car. It feels more than a 20HP difference. What a monster.

If anyone has seen the movie spoof of Star Wars called "Spaceballs" (it was on Comedy Central this weekend), the 580HP SC Callaway Corvette is like going to "Rediculous Speed". I'm sure then that the 650HP C16 will be like going to "Ludicrous Speed".

;worship

The test car was wearing the transparent top. I'm glad that I ordered both tops on my car... it is really cool.

-Luigi
:cool

Here is the car parked next to my truck :D
2008CallawaySC_T&D.jpg

SC580rear.jpg

Callaway2008MP122.jpg

nice car too bad i an't got that kinda of scratch!

It seems like Callaway has been very active lately after falling below the radar for a few years... and I believe this is quite a good thing. I wonder if they'd ever get back into the TT market...

it's pretty unblelievable the power levels from companies like LPE, MTI, and Callaway are getting into these days... but do you think there could ever be a successor to the Sledgehammer?

Luigi, Looks sweet!!!!

I saw the car at lunch last Friday and heading around the Beltway, the SC580 sounded SO SWEET as its driver went past ;)

nthfinity, it was that for awhile, NOBODY was speaking of these cars. I think the Callaway Owners Group changed all that when it was conceived back in late 2001:upthumbs

...now the cars are written about, EVERYWHERE :W

Luigi, Looks sweet!!!!

I saw the car at lunch last Friday and heading around the Beltway, the SC580 sounded SO SWEET as its driver went past ;)

nthfinity, it was that for awhile, NOBODY was speaking of these cars. I think the Callaway Owners Group changed all that when it was conceived back in late 2001:upthumbs

...now the cars are written about, EVERYWHERE :W

2 pictures !! Your killing us !! How long of a "test" drive did you have ??

I look forward to the day when I get one, hopefully very soon.:lou

Offshore,

A couple of miles worth of Smiles ;worship

Adding to Chris's comment, I think Callaway was busy with projects from Range rover, Holden, and Mazda which took attention off the Corvette platform with the C5.

I also think that the Callaway Owners Group helped Callaway reignite the passion that they hold for the Corvette and by the time the C5 platform was ending they already had the PowerGroups which helped them prepare for the SC C6 and C16. The products they have are phenomenal.

If you look at the COG website http://www.callawayownersgroup.com events tab, we have been part of many significant events since we formed. I can't speak to the COG website's web traffic, but my personal website has seem an awful lot of traffic since as I transitioned it over to its current form http://www.twinturboluigi.com . As a matter of fact since 2006 it has seen 19406 individual visitors and transferred 24GB worth of traffic which is not bad since it is only linked off my signature.

-Luigi

Offshore...

I have an '08 Crystal Red at Callaway in the works... :D when it is ready I'm sure you'll get a chance to see it since you are in the neighborhood.

-Luigi

VERY COOL!

I like the new logos on the supercharger! :dance

and here is the other side of it...

-Luigi

2008MP122otherview.jpg

Nice color. Can I get those taillights in a c5 size please?:cool

What's the matter Colonel Sanders?! Chicken??? :L

The Bugatti Veyron goes ludicrous speed, but that's because it looks EXACTLY like that guy's helmet and is embarrassed. :L

HOLY MOLY!....:Silly

I got a test drive this weekend of the 2008 SC Callaway. :Steer

Callaway SC 580HP feels much stronger than the 2007 SC 560HP Test & Development car. It feels more than a 20HP difference. What a monster.

If anyone has seen the movie spoof of Star Wars called "Spaceballs" (it was on Comedy Central this weekend), the 580HP SC Callaway Corvette is like going to "Rediculous Speed". I'm sure then that the 650HP C16 will be like going to "Ludicrous Speed".

;worship

The test car was wearing the transparent top. I'm glad that I ordered both tops on my car... it is really cool.

-Luigi

Here is the car parked next to my truck :D
2008CallawaySC_T&D.jpg

SC580rear.jpg

Callaway2008MP122.jpg
Luigi,
Must have been so awsome to drive it, makes you even want yours more.:cool When will yours be ready? Looking foward to seeing the pics!:beer

Mabe I can get a ride in one of you guys cars, would like to exsperience it.:cool:ohnoes

I'm having mine upgraded from 560HP to 616HP and the suspension upgrade now as we speak. I'd be happy to give you a ride and even let you take it for a spin. I'll be at Carlilse.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom