Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Some engine pictures...

oceangal

Corvette
1982 silver/claret
my motor being built, the old hemi motor getting a makeover for the 31 Chrysler and last but not least the new motor being built for the 68 firebird.
The firebird and chrysler engines are HUGE, the cell phone doesn't begin to show the scale of them.

My motor with hemi in the background:

loriandhemiengine0217.jpg

the new motor for the firebird:
firebirdengine0217.jpg

part of the hemi, it was too tall to get all of it in!:

hemiengine0217.jpg

my motor with the XRam:

loriengine0217.jpg

i would be lying if I said these are the only engines down there, I think there are 3 more!

But these are the three that Rick is working on simultaneously.

Is that manifold an aftermarket one? I didn't realize that there were any available. Looking good anyhow!

very nice...:upthumbs

Wow, working on 6 engines at one time ?? It is a full time job working on just my engine !! Going MOPAR in your Vette?? They all look very pretty !! :D

Wow, working on 6 engines at one time ?? It is a full time job working on just my engine !! Going MOPAR in your Vette?? They all look very pretty !! :D
Nope no Mopar for me, thats for the 31 Vicky.
I have a 383 Stroker motor going in mine :)
I just wish it was done already, the waiting is the hardest part!
The other engines in the basement, I think one is the old firebird engine and I am sure the rest are chevy's.
It is getting mighty crowded down there as stuff from the unheated side is making its way to the heated side now. So in addition to the motors are the new trannys for firebird and the vette.

These are the heads for my engine:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SBC-...7990762QQihZ016QQcategoryZ33617QQcmdZViewItem

jUST GUESSING YOU MAY HAVE 450 PLUS HP, and you gotta love that tire shredding 383 cubic inch torque. Give me a ride, I love sittin in tire smoke doin donuts. YFeeeeeee Haaaaaaaaaaw !!!

SWEET!

I am afraid my '82 will be too slow for me. I am trying to keep it all stock. I helped a friend swap out his cam, lifters, springs, and pushrods. We replaced the crossfire with a 650 CFM Edlebrock with a Performer intake and headers. I port matched the heads to the intake. It runs nice and strong. The weak link is the tranny. We put in a shift kit, but I think he needs a higher stall converter and a later year tranny to get the better internals. Maybe a GearStar tranny with a Yank converter.

What tranny will you be running with the stroker?

Very nice. No worrys with that. Have you decided what stall converter you will be using?

You will not get 450HP with the Xram intake. The Xram's downside is that it has next to no plenum volume. Also it will fuel puddle pretty badly at idle in cool temperatures especially (rough idle). There have been a few that have done the Xram/383 combo and have been fairly happy with it on the Crossfire forum (http://crossfire.homeip.net). It WILL require extensive tuning...the stock ECM isn't gonna cut it. You'll need overbored throttle bodies also and larger injectors.

FWIW...What I did to "wake" mine up was siamese the intake runners at the head. Not a perfect solution (there isn't one!), but I refuse to put an Xram on my car. Can't complain really though...with the siamesed intake, decent cam, long tube headers, bored throttle bodies, and some tuning...knocked 2 seconds off of 0-60. :)

Bill

Hey Bill,

yep we have long tube headers, and the bored out throttle bodies. Even stock throttle bodies have fuel pudding problems at idle, course who sits around at idle anyways? ;-)

As for plenum volumne it will flow over 1000 cfm per minute and adding a chip probably won't help. The 82 computer relearns itself, I was under the impression that was not the case for the 84.

I know this is your favorite word, but now I have an 8" "harmonic balancer" ;-)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom