Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Something you don't do everyday!

Peer81

Corvette
'81 Black
Hello everybody,

This is something I just have to share with you. A few months ago on your dutch forum there was a topic to get 8 Corvettes together to help an organisation that is giving very sick children one special day to forget all there problems. It would take place on our national airport. I think those that have come to Europa have traveled through Schiphol Airport Amsterdam so you may know it. Normally not a place where you can drive around with you car I would say.

So we arrived at 12.30 at the gate and under survelance we could enter the airport to park our car's before the Martinair hangar. The children had alot to do overthere but we were there to give them a small ride in the car as they were waiting to take a small airplane around Schiphol and Amsterdam. Alot of trucks had taken the children and there parents to the airport, but there were also the airports very big snow machines for the children to take a ride in and alot of other stuff to do! Even for us it was a big surprice to see all the machines from up close and in action.

Around 1600 houres we all lined up for a final runway run. As I never did this before I didn't know what to expect. But it's very simple. All the trucks, firetrucks, snow truck's, police trucks and sportscars give the children a big tour over a runway and around Schiphol. Every truck with a big horn or fire truck etc etc would blow there horns just for fun. The entire run took about 50 minutes! We could see airplains waiting on us to pass. We had to stop twice or three times because an airplane was taxiing to a runway. People in airplains waving at us, people in the terminals waving at us, well how many times do you see something like that!? I don't know if it was more exiting for me or for the children but in between the big trucks you're sure driving a small vette! Everythere you look was tarmec and I have no idea which route we took but one thing is for sure. It was a great day and something I'll never forget!

And besides being on the national airport much more important that I could bring a the smile on a kids face as he or she is sitting inside me in my vette. As they have problems that I hope I never have to face in my life and for me it's "only" a Corvette and for them it's something they look forward to for weeks and weeks.

Some images from that day:

14Hoogvliegers30juni1.jpg

14Hoogvliegers30juni2.jpg

14Hoogvliegers30juni23.jpg

14Hoogvliegers30juni30.jpg

14Hoogvliegers30juni38.jpg

14Hoogvliegers30juni43.jpg

14Hoogvliegers30juni57.jpg

Greetings Peter

AWESOME! Good for you guys! I'm glad that you, AND THE KIDS, enjoyed it!
Andy :w

:thumb Peer... nothing better than to see those little ones light up when they get in that seat :thumb :lou

Bud

How cool is that!!!!
:thumb:thumb

What a fantastic event! I just this past weekend did a toy drive/car show for the Children's Hospital in Denver. There is just NOTHING on Earth that compares to making a sick child smile...and I do mean NOTHING!

Very awesome, Peter...very very awesome (and is giving me some local event ideas...) :cool!:

CH1.jpg

Bill

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom