Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Son's 79 Project car Needs some help

J

JD'S79

Good Morning,
I too need some help with my son's car. We purchased this car for him in Sept. It needed a lot of TLC. This is a Father son project to bring it back to sort of new. He will be driving this car when he gets his license next month. They went to Bloomington Gold where they had new seats installed, we went ahead and ordered carpet, door panels and armrests. The carpet is now in (which was a nightmare) and the drivers seat. My question is where do the front bottom lights go, there where just hanging down under the dash.

After reading Randy's "Myfirstone" I thought I was reading about JD'S car :) Looks like we are in the same boat.

We have already replaced the exhaust, carb, rebuilt the trans. For some reason the person that owned this car before had cheap rally wheels ( not vette ) on it so we picked up a nice set of used aluminum wheels at the show.

Thanks in advance for any help

Marty

1979 L82 T-Top Black on Black

I'm going to take it that you're talking about the courtesy lights.
Mine are held on with a screw at the far left end of the dash and the other is at the far right pass. side. Hope this helps. :w

Your right they are the courtesy lights :) they were just hanging down by the wires. Thanks for your help.

Marty,

Your next investment should be a 1979 Assembly Manual. They are available from most of the aftermarket catalogs and one usually pops up on eBay occasionally. It is a MUST for the job you and your son are about to undertake. Don't hesitate to ask more questions and there is no such thing as a stupid question. Lots of great advice and help in this site. Good Luck and welcome to the CAC.

Regards................. Nut

Welcome to CAC!

I'm glad someone else was able to help with your question. I'm just saying welcome to CAC and "Hi neighbor" since I live just around the corner from Fox River Grove. Maybe I'll see you out on the road - oh and it's Corvette night at Crystal Lake cruise night on July 18th...

Have fun!

Nut thanks for the advise I go and look on ebay for one.
Thanks for the welcome, I'm sure I will have more questions in the future :)

Marty

Barb,

Thanks for the welcome and Hi Neighbor!!! We are hoping to make it to cruise night in CL. My Husband is having a time trying to get the door panels on, they are packed up and are being shipped back. Hopefully a new set that will "fit"will be here by weeks end. Hope to see you out and about.

Marty

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom