Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Source for fender flares?

• Thread starter Thread starter Last Ride
  • Start date Start date
L

Last Ride

Anyone have ideas on where to buy rear fender flares for their shark? I have looked on vendor sites as well as ACI's site, but found nothing. I think fender flares will be in my future whether or not the '78 sells, so if they don't go on the '78, they will go on the next C3. Any ideas?

last ride,
I have an extra set of rear flares if your serious $175+UPS (E-mail direct) redvetracr@msn.com

redvetracr --- I have an extra set of rear flares if your serious $175+UPS

What company made them, VANACOR?
Have they been painted?
What years do they fit?
How much bigger are they relative to the stock quarters?

What would shipping be to 92865???

------------------------------------------

JASON

redvetracr

Did you get a chance to snap a picture?

:( :( :(

redvetracr

You still around?
Check your email.

:( :( :(

JASON *** BRAND NEW MAGNECOR WIRES FOR SALE!!! *** 1979 L-82

FENDER FLARES

just giving an opinion that i was not asked to give, i think fender flares seriously detract from the car's lines and ultimatley it's value

Mid America is now selling original L88 style flares.

Chris

Re: FENDER FLARES

72VETTETORONTO said:
just giving an opinion that i was not asked to give, i think fender flares seriously detract from the car's lines and ultimatley it's value

You mean like this? :cool

hvydeez2A.jpg

NICE!!!

I hope mine looks that good when Im done with it.
But are they ever really done???

:confused

Chris your vette is a monstrosity, look how much time is spent looking at it. And yup those fender flares really are distracting, I'm not sure what they would see first.. those or the tail lights :)

As far as value goes, your car couldnt be worth more then umm what 50k?? hardly an increase in value from the original price tag ;LOL

I love that car, more since I saw the original shots of it.

Bill

Re: FENDER FLARES

72VETTETORONTO said:

In my opinion:

1) the "right" fender flares enhance the body lines of C3s and of C2s.

2) Corvettes are not about money.....not for me anyway. They're about fun and driving.

3) Getting wound up in the purist's approach to originality sentences you to just another nice C3 or C2.........like so many others. :o

Gimme a hotrod like 69myway's any day!!!!!!

My opinion only.

Hmm I have to make a change to my previous statement, I think Chris should cut his losses and give me killer. Its been abused far too long. Not a loving home, not a loving home at all.

:L

Bill

Hey Billybob - I'll flip ya for it!

Chris - awesome car. Very nicely done.

Semper Fi,
Culprit

Hey Guys, you know I was just messing around. Don't mean to start a heavy debate about custom vs. stock. Just me, trying to be funny.

Seriously though, I know what you mean. I have seen way too many Vettes with HIDEOUS flare jobs. I mean the kind that look like the flare kit came free with a bowl of cereal, and fit the car about as nice as me in high heels!

When I was building my car, and I told people in advance I was flaring the fenders, I typically got a blank stare, or some kind of comment back in person or via email about..."well, if it was my car, I would not do it, .... they never look right"

You see, I knew EXACTLY what they meant. So, my challenge was to pull the whole package together and make it work. I had already spent just over $500 on the raw flares, and could not return them!!!!!!

There are many people that still hate the look of my car, because they just don't like customs. That is okay with me. The trick is however, to build the car as a package, and mostly to pull the wheel and tire combo together to make it all work.

If I had it to do over again, I would do the exact same thing. I guess that says it all.

Go to this link here : http://www.tropiczoneracing.com/Street-Vette.htm

and you can see more of the flare process in action on the Sister to Killer (which I call Bruiser). Look for this car to prowl the streets in a few short months.

fender flares

i had a feeling i would get some heat . your car is beautiful

While on the subject of flares, how much of a job is it to remove flares? Both in terms of time and money.

Although in my opinion, the flares on my car are far from being a hack job, I'm still partial to a more stock look. :eyerole The subject is a tough one, as I can see from the posts, so why not ask the opinion of people with meixed emothions? ;)

Also, I'm trying to include a pic... but I don't think it's gonna come through. Anyone got help on that? Thanks.

Sly

Sly,

In order to put it back, you need either complete replacement panel replacements, or the cut off trim pieces from one that had flares installed. Either way, it would be tricky but could be done.

I do believe however, that you would be 1,000 times happier with your entire car if you invested in a different set of wheels. I think going with a pure 12" rear hoop (which is actually right at 13" wide from lip to lip) and some lower profile tires would do wonders for the overall look of your ride.

I would guess you have 10" rims on the rear? The are inbound just a tad more than what you could stuff under there with those massive flares.

I hacked up my stock fender that I had removed in order to take the inner lip out and bond into my flares to give a factory stock look and feel to them.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom