Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Spare tire color? Mossport green 66 Corvette

billknight

Corvette
1957 Fuely 4 speed
Can anyone tell me what color the spare tire carrier should be for my car? It is Mossport green 66 and the spare tire carrier is a faded green, but it looks to be a darker green than Mossport. It has some repairs on it that were poorly done many years ago and I would like to put it back to original.

Any help would be appreciated!

Bill Knight
San Diego, CA

Attachments

• 66 Corvette.jpg
    66 Corvette.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 106
Can anyone tell me what color the spare tire carrier should be for my car? It is Mossport green 66 and the spare tire carrier is a faded green, but it looks to be a darker green than Mossport. It has some repairs on it that were poorly done many years ago and I would like to put it back to original.

Any help would be appreciated!

Bill Knight
San Diego, CA

The spare tire upper tub and lower tray are natural unpainted dark gray/charcoal-color fiberglass. The metal reinforcements on the lower tray are painted semi-gloss black, and the rivets are natural unpainted aluminum.

:beer

SpareTireTubOrig.jpgSpareTireTub.jpgSpareTireTray.jpg

Thanks!

THanks so much John. My lower tray is as you described and much of the upper tub is also, except where the repairs were done. Both seem to have a slight green tint to them though.
Fiberglass is naturally semi-clear. Maybe they used a chopper spread with some pigment in it to get the gray.
I guess I have a difficult paint job to repair the reworked areas, but most will never be seen by anybody but me.
Thanks again!

Bill:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom