Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Spare Tire

Since you mentioned spare tire the weel lock comes to mind. It's located in the small compartment in the trunk, there is a small depression on the side. It's wedged in there.

They are made out of fibreglass...just pick them up and yank the tire off.
:boogie

You fellas are going to learn a lot about runflats. And if you don't like runflats, you'd better get some fixaflat or a AAA membership. ;)

how do i remove the front license corvette plate?

Not all good advice

:boogie

You fellas are going to learn a lot about runflats. And if you don't like runflats, you'd better get some fixaflat or a AAA membership. ;)

FIX-A-FLAT will fix your pressure sensors, for good. Never use it with tire pressure sensors, never.

FIX-A-FLAT will fix your pressure sensors, for good. Never use it with tire pressure sensors, never.

Begging your pardon... I do believe you're correct. :duh
My mistake, sorry gentlemen.

:wJane Ann

No problem, and it is not totally clear to me and other Corvette owners since I think some of the early C5 Z06s did not have tire pressure sensor systems. Shooting from the hip here but isn’t that the reason the Z06 came with the compressor kit? No run flats or sensors or was it just no run flats?

I may be incorrect, and perhaps a Z06 owner will chime in with the facts, but I believe the C5 coupes and convertibles came standard with runflats and the Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS) while C5 Z06s came with non-runflats, no TPMS and a repair/compressor kit.

I may be incorrect, and perhaps a Z06 owner will chime in with the facts, but I believe the C5 coupes and convertibles came standard with runflats and the Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS) while C5 Z06s came with non-runflats, no TPMS and a repair/compressor kit.

Yep...you are 100% correct!! One of the many things that a woman wants to hear...."she is correct".:beer:D

No problem, and it is not totally clear to me and other Corvette owners since I think some of the early C5 Z06s did not have tire pressure sensor systems. Shooting from the hip here but isn’t that the reason the Z06 came with the compressor kit? No run flats or sensors or was it just no run flats?

C5 Z06s had no run flats and no sensors.

edit- just realized that's what JAG said :chuckle

cscarlson
how do i remove the front license corvette plate?

Two small screws on bottom of cover inside the crack. Use low tack painters tape to protect paint and thin screwdriver. You can see them by peeking through the crack with a flashlight.

so what frame do you use for the front license plate.. any pics?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom