Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Spare's Suppliers "Thanks" and "Rants" Tab

JamesBaines

Corvette
1990 White Targa Top
Given that most of us need spare parts or fixes from time to time, (Quite often in my case), and given that we have all probably experienced both "Great Service", and absolutely "Awful Non Service", or have perhaps even found ourselves being ripped off at great expense, I'm wondering if it might be worthwhile to ask our C.A.C hosts if it might be possible to add a "Vendor Rating" tab to what is already a terrific resource for Corvette owners. If such a tab were set up, it would allow us all to praise those suppliers who did what they were supposed to do for us and perhaps more importantly, would allow us to share our "Negative" experiences in the hope that it would prevent other C.A.C members suffering the same expensive failures. I know that maintaining this site is already a mammoth task, and I appreciate that to pursue my idea would add even more work to an already heavy workload but I suspect that if enough people view and agree with this post, our hosts might be tempted to explore the idea. The level of positive feedback to this post will likely determine the outcome. James

Given that most of us need spare parts or fixes from time to time, (Quite often in my case), and given that we have all probably experienced both "Great Service", and absolutely "Awful Non Service", or have perhaps even found ourselves being ripped off at great expense, I'm wondering if it might be worthwhile to ask our C.A.C hosts if it might be possible to add a "Vendor Rating" tab to what is already a terrific resource for Corvette owners. If such a tab were set up, it would allow us all to praise those suppliers who did what they were supposed to do for us and perhaps more importantly, would allow us to share our "Negative" experiences in the hope that it would prevent other C.A.C members suffering the same expensive failures. I know that maintaining this site is already a mammoth task, and I appreciate that to pursue my idea would add even more work to an already heavy workload but I suspect that if enough people view and agree with this post, our hosts might be tempted to explore the idea. The level of positive feedback to this post will likely determine the outcome. James

I totally agree with James. I just got ripped off on a Dash Cluster repair and I think C.A.C. members need to know who does good work and who doesn't. The ones who provide good products and services deserve to be rewarded and the ones that don't need to be exposed. I would welcome anything along this line. Great idea, James!
:beer

Thanks adfac, (love your car by the way)...I believe in this idea so much that I just authorized PayPal to contribute $25.00 to this site to become a "Supporting Member". NOT because I want to have any special status, but rather, because the help and advice that I get from the members of the C.A.C is of great value to me and I want to do whatever I can do to ensure that the C.A.C will always be there for folks like us. In my view, 25 bucks is a very small price to pay for access to the wealth of knowledge this site gives us free access to. James

I'm checking into the feasibility of this.

Thanks adfac, (love your car by the way)...I believe in this idea so much that I just authorized PayPal to contribute $25.00 to this site to become a "Supporting Member". NOT because I want to have any special status, but rather, because the help and advice that I get from the members of the C.A.C is of great value to me and I want to do whatever I can do to ensure that the C.A.C will always be there for folks like us. In my view, 25 bucks is a very small price to pay for access to the wealth of knowledge this site gives us free access to. James

I've been told to spend 35 bucks and Join the National Corvette Restorer's Society. National Corvette Restorers Society I've got a friend who has a 1962 vette (it's a beauty) and he says he could have never restored it without their help. They have all kinds of things like photos, schematics as well as people who know what they're doing who can help. You can also get a free trial membership. I'm going to check it out.

I'm checking into the feasibility of this.

I would think "freedom of speech" would cover it but the only thing I could think of is there needs to be some perameters so disgruntled people don't bash innocent merchants. In my case, the guy's a rip off and I'll stand by it.

To: Vetteboy86:
I very much appreciate that you are looking into my suggestion that a “Vendor” rating tab would be of value to all the C.A.C members. In my short time as a member of the C.A.C, I have gained so much freely available knowledge from the C.A.C site members that I would not have been able to get anyplace else. I value that help and advice so highly that I asked PayPal to pay the C.A.C the very small amount of $25.00 to become a “Supporting Member”. And the reason I did that is very simple: The wealth of knowledge and advice available to all your members is absolutely phenomenal, and, it is of such great value to me, that I encourage all of the current C.A.C members to make the same $25.00 commitment in order to ensure that this wonderful central resource of Corvette knowledge remains available to all of us in the foreseeable future.
Regards, James

The fly in the ointment is when sponsoring vendors get a poor rating from the members.:L

Good idea, James. And one which has already been addressed. ;)

Members have 2 options available for product / vendor reviews. One option is to post a thread in the generation specific forums themselves. The second option is the Product Review Forum.

On the Corvette Action Center | Forums Index page under the General Corvette Forums section there is a link to the Product Reviews Forum:

Corvette Action Center | General Corvette Forums | Product Reviews | Main Index

There are two categories:
CAC | Evaluations by Industry Professionals

CAC | Evaluations by CAC Members

To submit a review click on the
UploadProducts-ProductReviewForum.jpg
button and follow the instructions.

:wJane Ann

Good idea, James. And one which has already been addressed. ;)

Members have 2 options available for product / vendor reviews. One option is to post a thread in the generation specific forums themselves. The second option is the Product Review Forum.

On the Corvette Action Center | Forums Index page under the General Corvette Forums section there is a link to the Product Reviews Forum:

Corvette Action Center | General Corvette Forums | Product Reviews | Main Index

There are two categories:
CAC | Evaluations by Industry Professionals

CAC | Evaluations by CAC Members

To submit a review click on the
UploadProducts-ProductReviewForum.jpg
button and follow the instructions.

:wJane Ann

So where do we post "rip-offs"? ;shrug

So where do we post "rip-offs"? ;shrug

XLR8 said:
......Members have 2 options available for product / vendor reviews. One option is to post a thread in the generation specific forums themselves. The second option is the Product Review Forum.

Jane Ann

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom