Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Speaking of Rims

LT1-MP said:
I've been looking lately for some new rims. The problem I have is that I can’t find too many different styles for the car. It seems I can only find the A-mold style rims. With the exception of some $3500 sets, sorry but that's too much for me, there is no finding any cool rims. something like a classic WELD.

I like the Patton quote in your sig. I think it's "He" won it though, not you won it. I actually went all the way to Luxembourg and Belgium to see Patton's grave and also where his tankers fought their crucial battle, the outskirts of Bastogne.

Anyway, rims. Have you considered a good set of C5 1997-99 rims? These can be had in new condition from rim re-furb and other businesses, like used vette dealers, for $600 tops for 4 rims. Unique look, OEM quality, price is right, but your rear tire will only be a 255 I think (unless you get the 18" ones--then you
have to redo the speedo gear). These also will make you not-stock class for auto-x.

Now, it sounded like you don't want A-molds, but it wasn't clear. In case you do, I go these for $1000 by finding them used on the forum and at a salvage yard. Then I refurbed them, total was $1000. These are GM, not AFS (cheaper but I think heavier and a poorer alloy).

in-Vette-uation said:
Thanks WhalePirot. They look great there! When your inner wells cracked, did they damage your tire?
YW... No, no damage at all.

Thanks Sothpaw, I know what you mean about the "you" in the quote, I looked and looked for the exact wording of it. That one came up more often then not, in what I would consider reliable sources. I would hate to disrespect him, so let me know if you find it for sure.
I've given up on the rim dilema for now. I fell in love with the "Rebel" from American Racing. Only to find out that AR dosent make the correct offset for the C4.....:mad

:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom