Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

? Speed-sensitive stereo volume?

Gersh

Corvette
"06 Z06, Kawasaki ZZR, "66 supercharged Chev 489
My new Z06 has speed-sensitive automatic volume control. I didn't know that, because I never listen to the radio. My wife told me about it while complaining that her new Coupe's automatic volume control doesn't work. I checked, and my car has four choices--off, min, med, and max. These are only accessible while the motor is running (not in accessory mode). He car has only two settings--off and on, which are available even without the motor on. The volume difference in her car is fairly slight--she can't really tell it is working, though it is, a little. Why does her car not have the multiple choices listed in the owner's manual? Is it because she has the 6-CD changer? This seems to mean a lot to her--- Thanks for any help!
Gersh

My system with the DVD nav has only 2 settings - off and on. I wish it had more like the manual shows. It irks me some also that the manual shows something I don't have and does not show me what I do have.

It appears that the optional systems get "on/off" while the other system gets 4-modes.

If one were to replace the factory stereo in the C-6 would you loose this auto volume?

abc said:
If one were to replace the factory stereo in the C-6 would you loose this auto volume?

More than likely - unless the replacement was designed specifically to have the speed input from the car included. Don't know if any after-market stereos do that.

Tuna said:
More than likely - unless the replacement was designed specifically to have the speed input from the car included. Don't know if any after-market stereos do that.
The corvette has some nice features already built into it and the stereo has those features it is just that it isn't quality sound. I don't even want to attempt to send it to a stereo shop for stereo improvements for fear something else will get messed up since everything is tied into computers and electronics.:ugh

abc said:
The corvette has some nice features already built into it and the stereo has those features it is just that it isn't quality sound. I don't even want to attempt to send it to a stereo shop for stereo improvements for fear something else will get messed up since everything is tied into computers and electronics.:ugh

The 07s are rumored to have a better sounding Bose system. Up until now, IMHO, they have STUNK!

I have a 2006 c6 Vert and the automatic volume control does NOT work. Is there an on-off setting I do not know how to use? I do not have Nav.

I wish I could find a car stereo shop installer that could be trusted to install a better stereo and not mess up your corvette otherwise the factory stereo stays.

I have an '06 coupe with the non-Nav Bose 6-cd changer system. If the auto volume feature works, I certainly can't tell and neither can my wife.

Not good.

C-INRED said:
I have an '06 coupe with the non-Nav Bose 6-cd changer system. If the auto volume feature works, I certainly can't tell and neither can my wife.

Not good.

Turn that feature off if you can. The stereo may sound a bit better. There is no question that these radios designed for the Corvette interiors STINK! The 07 is supposed to have better sound but I wont hold my breath.

Thanks...I will try turning it off...it certainly won't hurt anything and didn't even consider that it might improve the sound.

Thanks again.

How does turning off the auto-volume have anything to do with the quality of the sound of stereo?:crazy

abc said:
How does turning off the auto-volume have anything to do with the quality of the sound of stereo?:crazy

it keeps the volume at a consistant level instead of constantly fluctuating. Crazy? Ive tried it on other cars SUCCESSFULLY!!!!!

Greenie said:
it keeps the volume at a consistant level instead of constantly fluctuating. Crazy? Ive tried it on other cars SUCCESSFULLY!!!!!
In general how can we improve the reception in the factory Corvette stereo? Is it too much trouble going to an aftermarket system?

abc said:
In general how can we improve the reception in the factory Corvette stereo? Is it too much trouble going to an aftermarket system?

abc, its almost impossible without replacing the entire system. The Bose system is set up that way. For 2007, the stereo is claimed to be improved. We`ll see!

:_rock
Greenie said:
abc, its almost impossible without replacing the entire system. The Bose system is set up that way. For 2007, the stereo is claimed to be improved. We`ll see!

Then can the entire stereo system be changed on a 2005 Corvette and do any aftermarket stereo systems have this auto volume feature that the factory stereo has?:confused

abc said:
:_rock

Then can the entire stereo system be changed on a 2005 Corvette and do any aftermarket stereo systems have this auto volume feature that the factory stereo has?:confused

Other systems DO have this feature which I have turned off successfully in other cars. Good luck in replacing the Corvette radio. The last time I was able to do it was in a 79 with the old Delco unit. Bose makes it virtually impossible to accomplish a radio change-out. Have you considered hiring a band???!!!

Greenie said:
Other systems DO have this feature which I have turned off successfully in other cars. Good luck in replacing the Corvette radio. The last time I was able to do it was in a 79 with the old Delco unit. Bose makes it virtually impossible to accomplish a radio change-out. Have you considered hiring a band???!!!
:ugh How is this possible? Something programmed to the computer I have heard on C-5 Corvettes? But this is on the 2005 Corvette and I do like the auto volume feature. I know I have heard of others who do change out the stereo system but they really put lots of $$$ into it and really take the interior apart and to me it looks like too much trouble to do and I don't know if there will be alot of problems down the road because of the computer.:W

Stereo

I think the Bose system is just fine; maybe the problem is old ears. Maybe hearing aids would help.:) It's a small area with a lot of road noise what the heck do you guys expect?:eyerole

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom