Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Speedo T56 problem -- Digital Tach Question

F

Fiddler's Gold

Hiya, couple questions.

1:
The previous owner did not properly hookup the new T56 tranny to the '86 cluster or anywhere for that matter. What is involved in connecting this tranny lines to a suitable speedo? On that note, is there any other aftermarket speedo tool that can gauge speed w/o that tranny input? Custom GPS system???

Please note that this is not a stock 86. Wiring and digital cluster seem to function but are not connected. I don't believe that any of the original ECM/computer harness equipment is still active. Have custom 383 stroker, etc.

2:
How do I hook up the electronic cluster tach that is standard with the 86? Which wires? Schematic?

All of the digital cluster gauges are powered up and illuminated properly but looks like someone deactivated all of the wiring inputs for it. (except for the fuel gauge)

Let me know if anyone can help. Thanks!!! :)

Fiddler

Hi there,
If you have a computer, and your digital dash is functioning correctly, except for the speedo, then it is in between the PCM and the digital dash.
So, with that, please remember that if you do not have a code for the PCM for the vehicle speed sensor, which is a 24, then it is an issue for the digital dash cluster.
So, I would take a scan of the system, even if you have a stoker, as long as you have fuel injection, you can access data.
This is the course of action that I would recommend for this, just to see if you actually have a signal.
YoursinCorvette, c4c5:hb

Fiddler

I posted all that info for you....

Did you not understand it? To complicated?

You need to get a stock VSS sender and look how it will mount into the tail shaft.

I have NO IDEA what a T-56 is but if it is a GM product the VSS sender SHOULD bolt in.

As far as the tach goes... what did you find?

The stock ECM has to be working or the car wouldn't run~

Vig!

Re: Fiddler

vigman said:

I have NO IDEA what a T-56 is but if it is a GM product the VSS sender SHOULD bolt in.

Vig!

Vig, the T56 is a Borg Warner 6spd, found in 4th Gen F-Bodies

As for the VSS on the T56 I think it is a built in Reluctor wheel so in this case you would need some type of Adapter to connect it to the ECM/ Cluster..

Try looking on www.jagsthatrun.com I think they sell them or have the info

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom