Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! speedometer cluster jumping irradically

M

mchandl2

2003 model corvette when I hit a bump the speedometer, amp, oil pressure and temp gauges all start jump and going nuts as well as the lights on the dash start blinking and going crazy. The only gauges that are not affected are the HUD, rpm and fuel. Does anyone have any suggestions before I have to take the car to the shop.

Thanks

I would start by pulling the codes from the computer write those down and see what issues the computer has seen. Make sure to clear them when you are done so if it happens again you can pull the codes and have a bette idea of what the glitch might be. Next I would check/clean all the grounds.

Oh and welcome to the CAC! I'm sure a few others will jump in with some other things to look for.

c5y2k Thanks. I did that and there were no codes, I may do it again just to make sure.

Mike C

I would tend to agree with c5y2k Most of these sorts of strange electrical things tend to be related to ground points. You might also have a loose plug in the cluster?

That is what I am thinking too because I can push on the speedometer cluster while it is doing this and it will stop jumping until I let go and then it starts doing it again. Thanks for the reply I am still working on it.

Mike C

Problem Fixed

Finally solved the problem by replacing the speedometer cluster with a used one. So the other one must have been bad. Anyway thanks for the replies just thought I would post the results when I fixed it in case someone else might have the same problem.

Thanks Mike

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom