Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Speedometer

Corvette Russ

Corvette
1981 Corvette Frost Beige
Hi

I had my speedo redone by John at RedLine Gauges in Tenn great guy to talk to, with excellent work. I replaced all the
bulds when the gauges were out and bought a new cable which is 2 or 3 inches longer will that be a problem and when I
put the cable back in what do you use to lubricate the inside and ends of the cable ? The guy at Corvette World where
I get some of my parts said you can get graphite in a spray is that good to use ?

Thanks for your help
Russ:thumb

81 vette with auto & cruise

Hi

I had my speedo redone by John at RedLine Gauges in Tenn great guy to talk to, with excellent work. I replaced all the
bulds when the gauges were out and bought a new cable which is 2 or 3 inches longer will that be a problem and when I
put the cable back in what do you use to lubricate the inside and ends of the cable ? The guy at Corvette World where
I get some of my parts said you can get graphite in a spray is that good to use ?

Thanks for your help
Russ:thumb

81 vette with auto & cruise

Graphite spray or dry will work fine, it's what I would use.

As long as the 2-3 inches of extra cable doesn't bind or pinch anywhere you will be fine. Good luck with it. :)

speedo

Thank You I'am going to get some graphite spray is it best to remove cable and spay in tube or just spray cable thanks again for reply Russ:happyanim:

Thank You I'am going to get some graphite spray is it best to remove cable and spay in tube or just spray cable thanks again for reply Russ:happyanim:

It is best to remove the inner cable if possible and coat it with graphite and then spray the graphite in the housing at the same time. The inner cable will only come out one end so try both ends if one doesn't work, and you may have to twist the inner cable back and forth with pliers (but be careful, you don't want to damage the square end of the cable with the pliers) to get it out. Good luck with it. :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom