Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Sport Seats 94 Vette

C

Corvettechick

Hi, Still trying to find out about the sides of my sport seat on the drivers seat. The lumbar works but the side fins do not move even though the motor runs. Any advice? Thanks.

HI there,
What about the seats is NOT working????
Now, do you have seat back motion????
If you have the above, please note the following.
All your lumbar, and seat side bolster functions channel through the switch, and the relay package, located under the Passenger side seat bottom. However, just remember, that your drivers side also has the solenoid box.
To remove this, simply lean under the seat, and unlatch the cushions retainments clip, and remove the cushion.
From there, let us know how you make out, as this is where the air is diverted to the side bolsters.
Please keep us posted, c4c5:hb

c4c5
I have the same problem in my 94 and will take a look at mine. Thanks for the info.

I pulled the seat cushions on my 95 & there are solenoids under each seat with air hoses running to the sides of each portion of the seat backs. The hoses are enclosed in coax & I coudn't reach up into the seatback to see/feel how they are connected. There are plenty of hose connections to check. You may try running the system & see if you can detect a leak
or maybe a pinched hose? :w

I'm assuming the 95 is the same as the 94?

A reading from the holy book ( seatback removal)

1993 GM service manual
Verse 10-10-7
Seatback cushion-Sport seat

Remove lumbar hose connection
(at bottom of seat right side)

Push in (towards center of vehicle) on outer upper side of seatback cushion approximatley 5 inches down from top of seat. While pushing, insert hand
( or suitable tool )
between seatback cushionand seatback frame until fingers ( or tool ) reach outer bolster wire. Push in on wire to dislodge it from clip.

Pull seatback cushion towards door to dislodge inner bolster wirefrom inner clips.

fold seatback cushion foward & down.

Unclip lower retaining rods from lower clips.

Remove seatback cushion while guiding retaining rods down & out from behind bolster driveshaft.

Clear as mud right?

So the foam of the seat cushion has a big spring ( coat hangar ) running all around the side of the foam.. you have to push in ( read double grunt ) to get the wire out from under a clip holding the foam down & on the "Clamshell" ..seat back.

Everything else..I dunno.

Vig!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom