Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

(Spring Cleaning in Dec.)Spent the day w/ the Callaway...

...another day in the driveway

...another day in the driveway :cool

Spent today, doing some addl. detail work on the ruby :cool I had some help today ;)

Wheels/tires, wax, glass, interior, etc.

I probably will work one more day on this - then call it quits! :eek

A good friend of mine dropped by today and said the car had NEVER looker BETTER - much nicer than when I got it! :cool

Enjoy the pics :m

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Very nice! I was at Target today and they have their Armor All and Meguires car-detail kits on sale 75% off. I picked up the Meguires one since the Armor All one comes with a few products I wouldn't use...

Sadly... my Corolla's check engine light is on... Going to have to figure out what the deal is with it now. It's easier working on the LT1... when I pop the hood on the Corolla I'm not sure what everything is or why it is the way it is. :ugh For example, my coolant overflow tank has a lid on it similar to a gallon of milk. It just pops off.

...another day in the driveway :cool

Spent today, doing some addl. detail work on the ruby :cool I had some help today ;)

Wheels/tires, wax, glass, interior, etc.

I probably will work one more day on this - then call it quits! :eek

A good friend of mine dropped by today and said the car had NEVER looker BETTER - much nicer than when I got it! :cool

Enjoy the pics :m

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
Chris,
Are you going to leave the hard top on this car?

Chris,
Are you going to leave the hard top on this car?

John, yes, I think so. It has such a unique look with the C4's hardtop on it - I like it so much better than the soft-top, esp w/ the solid glass back window vs. the plastic.

What do you think?? Like it? or remove it?? :cool

...I discovered this with my motorcycle

...BTW, here is my secret weapon for cleaning plastic & many painted and bright surfaces, WORRY-FREE :cool

Honda Pro Cycle polish.

Avail. at most Honda Cycle shops, it is ~ $5.00 per can / 14 oz. spray

Very nice, lasts a while, no messy residues and seems to not attract dust.

Spray, wipe, buff :cool

HondaPolish_lg.jpg

I use Armor All tire spray for all of the interior and exterior plastics. It lasts for months on the interior and a few months on the exterior. It works really well on the plastics that tend to fade; makes them look like new. Just spray it on and massage it in with a towel.

Any tips on renewing carpet if that's even possible? The floormats these days are looking a bit pale compared to the carpet.

Here's a pic, but do note, I've been working on the car lately (the shifter) and I didn't attack it with a toothbrush or hand full of q-tips :). Could use a good vacuuming...
interior.jpg

That looks like a museum quality detailing job.

The offer still stands, anytime you want to thaw out and come clean cars you are welcome.

Have a Happy New Year!

-Luigi
:cool

I use Armor All tire spray for all of the interior and exterior plastics. It lasts for months on the interior and a few months on the exterior. It works really well on the plastics that tend to fade; makes them look like new. Just spray it on and massage it in with a towel.

Any tips on renewing carpet if that's even possible? The floormats these days are looking a bit pale compared to the carpet.

Here's a pic, but do note, I've been working on the car lately (the shifter) and I didn't attack it with a toothbrush or hand full of q-tips :). Could use a good vacuuming...

Looks good - I think Armor All has come a long way from the 70's and 80's when it had mixed reviews :ugh Most folks I know, had stopped using it as a result of turning some coverings, a milky color.

You could try Resolve carpet spray cleaner on the mats. I remember taking my original mats out of the car when (fairly) new, replacing them w/ a nice set of throw-away mats for daily use :cool Just an idea for next time...

That looks like a museum quality detailing job.

The offer still stands, anytime you want to thaw out and come clean cars you are welcome.

Have a Happy New Year!

-Luigi

Luigi, Happy New Year to you! I may have to head to Florida, once winter actually arrives - whenever that is :confused 60 degrees again today :ugh

John, yes, I think so. It has such a unique look with the C4's hardtop on it - I like it so much better than the soft-top, esp w/ the solid glass back window vs. the plastic.

What do you think?? Like it? or remove it?? :cool

I think it looks great with the hardtop.
I forgot about the plastic window in your soft-top!
My 96 vert has a Glass window in it's soft-top!

Big John,

I agree.

I don't like the soft-top look on my car either and that is the reason why my top is almost always down. I haven't had the hard top on in almost 4 years. It is stunning with in on and I may put it back on for the new year.

Have a Safe, Happy, and Prosperous New Year!

-Luigi

...BTW, here is my secret weapon for cleaning plastic & many painted and bright surfaces, WORRY-FREE :cool

Honda Pro Cycle polish.

Avail. at most Honda Cycle shops, it is ~ $5.00 per can / 14 oz. spray

Very nice, lasts a while, no messy residues and seems to not attract dust.

Spray, wipe, buff :cool

HondaPolish_lg.jpg

...no longer on the market - time to find a replacement ;help :eek:hnoes

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom