Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

squeaky trim rings

mlazinski

Corvette
1975 Silver Coupe
The trim rings around three of the four wheels makes an annoying squeaking sound both when both pressing on them as well as with driving. The one that does not squeak seems to be metal, the rest plastic. Is the metal the original I assume? How do I make the plastic ones stop?;help

It may sound strange, but make sure you have the underside of the rim clean where you press the rings in to. All of my rings are metal and I have to polish the tabs where they meet the rim or they make noise.....good luck....

mlazinski said:
The trim rings around three of the four wheels makes an annoying squeaking sound both when both pressing on them as well as with driving. The one that does not squeak seems to be metal, the rest plastic. Is the metal the original I assume? How do I make the plastic ones stop?;help

Easy fix! Throw that crap in the trash and get some alloys off a 1980! No squeaking, no trim rings disappearing in the bushes in a corner, no bent rings that make your Shark look like a clown car...You could use them for a ring toss game, a new rim for your hoop, a picture frame...

What makes you think I hated those rally wheels? I suffered with them for years.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom