Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

SSR GT3 Satin Wheels In

VIPERKLR

Corvette
1999 Pewter Roadster
Just received the new SSR's from "The Tire Rack" I decided on 18x9.5 fronts and 19x11 rears with 275/35 Michelin Pilots up front and 295/35's out back. So far I have only trial fitted them and they look and fit great. My car is Pewter and the satin centers on the wheels look great against it. Quality of the wheels is excellent judging by the finish and the relatively small amount of weight they needed to balance them. I am waiting on the arrival of some GM Durastop cross drilled and slotted rotors before I button it all back up and put the car back on the road. Also painted the calipers while it was all apart.

Anyone interested in the weight of this tire and wheel combo? The car had the Magnesium wheel option, so I am curious about the weight difference.

How about pictures? It may be a week or two before I can get this info up. Also, if anyone can let me know the best way to post pictures, I'd appreciate it.

...Joe

I LOVE those wheels! Please do post pics after you have them installed!

Here are the weights on the wheel and tire combo's-

OEM Magnesium Wheels and Goodyear Run Flats- F- 46 lb. R- 50 lb.

SSR GT3's and Michelin Pilots- F- 54 lb. R- 61 lb.

Not surprising, the bigger 18 and 19 inch wheels add some weight. The difference would probably be a few pounds less if the originals were not magnesium. Brakes will be in this coming week, I'll post pictures once everything is on.

SSR GT3 Wheel Pics

Here are the new wheels mounted on the car. So far, I can't say enough about them. Quality is great. Handling and ride is way better than the old run flats and the road noise with the top up has been reduced considerably.

The calipers were painted with Rustoleum Sunrise Red (per other threads I have read) and the brake rotors are GM Durastops. Everything went together well. It's best to have a breaker bar or an air gun to REMOVE the cliper mounting bracket, especially on the rear where you cannot steer the assembly into a more accessible position.

--Joe

NIce wheels, if you don't mind what did the total package Tires, wheels and breaks cost...I've got to get em...:_rock

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom