Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Starting problem

Corvette
1988 Flame red coupe 4+3
My 88 starts and immediately quits running. It will do this 2 to 6 times before it will start and continue to run. Once its running, everything seems fine. Runs strong, no miss or hesitation. Shut it off, leave it sit for a while and the problem is back. Fires right away when started, then quits. No codes in ECM. I'm guessing it may be throttle position sensor or coil but not sure. Any ideas? Any help would be appreciated.

Those are good ideas. Check the fuel pump relay also. I found that when the car is cold the relay kicks in after that the oil pump relay also runs the fuel pump.

Picked up fuel pump relay while I was at parts store today. After 18 yrs and 102,000 miles decided to replace it anyhow. $12.00 for peace of mind. Now, is it the relay on the firewall between wiper motor and power brake unit? Checked my FSM, but can't find location. Still need help on starting problem.

According to my 87 Service Manual, it's the relay located just to the right of the brake booster. Should be the same on the 88.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom