Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

starts fine but shuts down when warmed up

jchiniski

I have a 1982 w/350 cross fire, It starts just fine but as soon as the engine gets up to running temp. it shuts down, it will start back up and run for 20 - 30 seconds and shut back down. this continues with the in between running times getting shorter as the engine gets hotter. I have done basic checks for loose wires loose grounds.. ect...... I am not sure where to start this troubleshooting , any Ideas , Please help

bill81vette

Corvette
1981 dark blue metallic
check to make sure you fuel pump is running,and it keeps getting spark.

jchiniski

It fires right up hitting on all 8, I can see fuel being pumped right down the intakes, when it shuts down the computer resets and one little burp of fuel gets shot into the left intake. I go to restart it fires right back up on the first crank runs about 30 seconds and quits like the battery has been disconnected. all fuse links are good, I can not find anything loose or shorting. this has me baffled

jchiniski

OK the problem was the Ignition Mod, in the distibutor, changed that out for $14.00 and all good, Back to my mid-life crisis LOL

A

AUSSIEVETTEMAN

OK the problem was the Ignition Mod, in the distibutor, changed that out for $14.00 and all good, Back to my mid-life crisis LOL

I was gunna say ignition module.
I had one go when the previous owner installed a Mallory dizzy, so when it went, it was my chance to drop a new HEI back in.

Heaps better dizzy too.

Glad you found your problem.

Cheers

Tony

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom