Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Steering column cover bolts

smitchel87

Corvette
1999 Red C5 Coupe
I had my c5 into Chevy years ago to have to steering column lock serviced and I didn't notice for at least a year (I know!) that the column cover bolts were missing. Not wanting to go back to that dealer (They suck) I was wondering if anyone knows what kind of bolts they are and where I could get some?

TIA

Scott

Last edited:
Try this link to Corvette Forum. It has several pic's, 1 of which states the screws are either a T15 or T20 Torx screw. Of course, as long as you get the right size of screw, a regular phillips or standard should work. Hope this helps.

I'd go to Bomgaars, Tractor Supply, Orshelns, Ace, etc to get them. Prolly cost ya .02-.05cts a piece. That's what screws like that cost here anyway

Quote from Corvette Forum..."Had mine apart in the last 30 days. There are only 2 screws holding the bottom half on and the top half snaps onto the bottom half. Then, of course there is the rubber seal at the back of the two halfs that fills the gap between the covers and the dash.
thumbsup.gif
"

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-tech/2032925-headlight-switch-blinker-arm-removal-a-how-to.html

Last edited:
From the post BoDuke posted:
6. Next, let's remove the steering column covers. First we'll need to remove the bottom half. It's held on by two T20 screws, located as follows:

Burned again by not reading completely! Thanks. ..

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom