Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Steering Wheel Position Memory

Corvette
2000 Dark Bowling Green Metalic Convertable
The memory of the steering wheel position frequently fails and the steering wheel remains at the full down position. Is there a memory module that might be at fault? Why would it work sometimes and other times not?

rwpeders,
A couple of questions: first, can you manually adjust the steering wheel position when it doesn't automatically change from a memory setting? If so, it tells me the auto function doesn't have a fault.

Second, are you using a different key fob to unlock the car? Remember that memory settings are determined by the key fob you're using. For instance, if you've programmed the seat and steering wheel positions with Key Fob #1 to the first memory button on the car, but only programmed the seat position with Key Fob #2 to the first memory position, the computer will recognize which memory function to adjust to based upon which key fob you're using.

At least, that's the information I remember from the owner orientation video.

:w
-Patrick

My brother had that problem on his 97 coupe. The dealer replaced the memory in warranty.

Patrick said:
rwpeders,
A couple of questions: first, can you manually adjust the steering wheel position when it doesn't automatically change from a memory setting? If so, it tells me the auto function doesn't have a fault.

Second, are you using a different key fob to unlock the car? Remember that memory settings are determined by the key fob you're using. For instance, if you've programmed the seat and steering wheel positions with Key Fob #1 to the first memory button on the car, but only programmed the seat position with Key Fob #2 to the first memory position, the computer will recognize which memory function to adjust to based upon which key fob you're using.

-Patrick

I can adjust it manually in and out and the "easy exit" works and returns the wheel to the innermost position. I use the same FOB to unlock the car and it has been trained. Sometimes the memory works and the wheel returns, but most of the time, it does not.

wishuwerehere82 said:
My brother had that problem on his 97 coupe. The dealer replaced the memory in warranty.

I still have a little warranty left. I'll get it checked.

Patrick said:
rwpeders,

-Patrick

When I got my 01, I didn't realize it was Key Fob #2 in the ignition. I was using Memory #1 for my settings in the car. Drove me nuts until I figured that one out!!!

;LOL ...... Ron

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom