Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

still lacking 12 volts to AC compressor

Okay have fun putting it back together. I think the evaporator can be removed from the engine side if it is clogged, not an easy job but not as bad as the heater core, good luck.

I know this thread is a few days old, but can someone tell me where the a/c clutch fan relay is located? I jumped the wires from the connector and the a/c clutch engaged. after some discussion i am pretty sure it is the clutch relay. It shows it on the left side instrument cluster along with the flasher relay but I can't seem to locate the bank of relays... This is on my friends '91 and I am trying to help him out.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Bugman

I know this thread is a few days old, but can someone tell me where the a/c clutch fan relay is located? I jumped the wires from the connector and the a/c clutch engaged. after some discussion i am pretty sure it is the clutch relay. It shows it on the left side instrument cluster along with the flasher relay but I can't seem to locate the bank of relays... This is on my friends '91 and I am trying to help him out.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Bugman
2 questions.. manual or automatic climate control ? and do you mean AC clutch relay or cooling fan relay/relays ?
oops forgot to ask ..which connector you're jumping and are you SURE it's full of freon ..you have a low pressure switch which won't engage the clutch /compressor if the system has a low charge.

lay in the seat ,head on the floor board, look up ,reach your hand toward the rear of the car , there are two relays and the flasher.

Twister, thanks. Yes it is the a/c compressor clutch relay I am looking for...and we had a shop recharge the R-134.

Rig, thanks. I called him with your info. I haven't heard back from him today, I hope the Black Hole didn't suck him in.

Thanks again guys,
Bugman

the relay you want is to the left of the stearing wheel, at the bottom of the dash, towards the driver.(all the way to the back toward the driver)

There are two relays and the flasher. I think it is the one closest to the stearing wheel. They are both the same. The replacements are at any parts store for $7.00.

Make sure you are getting 12 volts to the relay.

If you follow Toptec and Twisterup they will help you as they did me.

T

the relay you want is to the left of the stearing wheel, at the bottom of the dash, towards the driver.(all the way to the back toward the driver)

There are two relays and the flasher. I think it is the one closest to the stearing wheel. They are both the same. The replacements are at any parts store for $7.00.

Make sure you are getting 12 volts to the relay.

If you follow Toptec and Twisterup they will help you as they did me.

T

Thanks for the info guys... He took it to a repair shop and they couldn't figure it out either, they installed a toggle switch.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom