Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

still looking

billd

Corvette
2001 red convertible, 1985 wht
Does anyone know anything about how the cable is retained on the e-brake for an 84. It has that goofy rotor/drum combination thing. I'm sure there must be a retainer on the cable but I dont have one and I dont even know what they look like.

Not sure if it's the same for 84 as for 86, but the cable on mine comes off the e-brake handle, runs to just in front of the rear axle, splits, and each part goes to one wheel. Then there's a small loop at the end of the cable which is hooked over an L-shaped bar with a hinge at the middle of the L. Cable is not normally fastened to the bar with anything but tension, and they must come off occasionally because the previous owner of mine had them welded together on one side. The other end, IIRC, is attached to a spring that pulls the brake shoe against the drum. The bar itself is bolted to either the hub or something around there. It's been almost two years since I looked at it; I can dig some pictures up if you'd like. What specifically is the problem?
[RICHR]

This stupid cable is driving me nuts. It constantly comes off the right side then it starts rattling. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get the loop to stay put on the bracket?

You could try a small rubber o-ring pressed around the hook after you slide the cable's loop on it...

This is probably why the cable was tack-welded on my car.

[RICHR]

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom