Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

stinger pic ?

1Redctoo

Does anyone have pictures of a small block hood painted with a Stinger Stripe ? I've seen one at a car show and think I want to paint my hood with that stripe. I also saw a picture of Harley Earls 63 small block painted with a stripe but it went all the way to the back of the car .

Im still looking for a picture of a Small block hood painte with a Stinger stripe . Someone out there has to know somebody with one .

Assuming that you're referring to the stinger paint scheme laid out on a non-stinger hood, I don't think I've ever seen that done. ;shrug

Assuming that you':), I don't think I've ever seen that done. ;shrug

Yes thats right . its a stinger stripe painted on the raised part of a SMALL block hood . It was originally done on a 63 Styling Car for Harley Earl . I know must be a couple of people who have copied it out there , I just need to find who they are and hopefully get some good pictures !

I did one on a '63 coupe back in the early '70s but I don't have a picture. Black stripe on a Sebring silver car. I like the look.

Yes thats right . its a stinger stripe painted on the raised part of a SMALL block hood . It was originally done on a 63 Styling Car for Harley Earl . I know must be a couple of people who have copied it out there , I just need to find who they are and hopefully get some good pictures !

I think I misunderstood you. I imagined you meant painting on the shape of the full big block stinger hood (including the wider raised portion), but I guess you're referring to painting just the small block portion, correct?

I think I misunderstood you. I imagined you meant painting on the shape of the full big block stinger hood (including the wider raised portion), but I guess you're referring to painting just the small block portion, correct?

Correct . just the raised part painted stinger style .

This may be what you are looking for. :w I will try to find other photos.

I have searched through all of my resources and was only able to find this shot of the front end. I hope you will be able to use it as a guide or someone else may have a better angle of the front end.
:w By the way, they also did the seats with a white stripe in the center.

Here you go. After seeing the show car in Chicago, Bunkie Knudsen decided he wanted one for himself, so he had this one built (Firefrost Red / white stripe).

....(translated from French)
Translated version of http://www.trombinoscar.com/c2/ct6304.html

Scroll down the page.

:beer

Bob, when I clicked on that link, the page opened and I got about 10 lines per second of "This page has been automatically translated from French" - I X'd out of it, and 15 minutes later it's STILL downloading. Gotta shut down and reboot. :eyerole

Thats an awsome site.. Cant get enough of those vintage corvette sites.. off to my favorites.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom