Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Stock Z06 Low 11's

Remo

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
2001 Quicksilver Lingenfelter Convertible
Quite a heated discussion going on over at the CF. Seems like there's some guys saying that bone stock C5 Z06's on street tires will turn times like 11.36 @ 119 MPH. Sound right to you guys?
Remo:cool

That's a full second quicker than GM's test times for the cars and much quicker than any magzine tests.

I suppose it's possible given good air, an experienced driver, the right clutch and flywheel, good rear tires and a great track.

Honestly Hib - some of these guys must be on controlled substances. They even have a sticky thread where they can send in their unsubtantiated numbers.

The C5 Z06 Fast List - Corvette Forum

Well, again, I think low 11s are possible under some unique circumstances.

I'll add that I've personally, I never witnessed a stock C5 Z go that quick.

My stock Z06 has a bout 150-200 passes at the local strip. It is at 2600 ft, but the density altitude is usually more like 6000 ft. I have run in the 12.4's at about 113mph three times, but that is it. I run BFG drag radials and a Vararam. I could see high 11's, maybe. Is a gearing change considered stock? Maybe that would help, but...:eyerole

The more I think about this, the more I agree with "DRTH VTR".

Maybe low 11s is reaching a bit. Given good air, good driving, good rear tires and, of course, a good car, that high- or maybe even mid-11s are possible.

But low-11s? What was I thinking, or....smoking?

Maybe low 11s is reaching a bit. Given good air, good driving, good rear tires and, of course, a good car, that high- or maybe even mid-11s are possible.

Hib - the claims are even worse when you consider these guys say they're running "street" tires. BTW if you're smoking something good...pass it over here:L.

I'm going with the smoking something....;shrug ;shrug

Bobby - what kind of times have you run in your Z06"

Hey Remo,

The best times I've run in the 1/4 was a 12.6. I'm just an average guy at 56 years old that used to race back in the 70's. My Z06 is completely stock with the exception of the addition of a Hurst T-Handle. No headers, slicks, aftermarket air intake or any other mods.

I remember reading an article where a magazine with their driver and after some tweaking they got a pure stock 04 Z06 to run an 11.92 or something like that.

As others know, there was an issue way back in Vette magazine about an 11 second stock ZO6. That's high 11's, cool weather, icing down the intake, and numerous attemps. I doubt low 11's and a trap speed of 119mph.......no way. There just isn't enough stock motor to put those kind of numbers down with a stock LS6.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom