Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Stock ZR-1 Wheel Dimensions Needed

• Thread starter Thread starter A26B
  • Start date Start date
A

A26B

As per the ZR-1.net, the "offset" for stock ZR-1 wheels is "36mm rear and 56mm front"

I don't know a lot about wheel offset, backspacing and the like, and I need to clarify some thing with your help!

1. Is the ZR-1 "offset" mentioned above negative?

2. In conjunction with 1. above, is backspacing used to calculate offset?

3. Since the nominal width (9.5", 11", etc) is measured at the bead flange, what is the total width of stock ZR-1 wheels, outside to outside, front & rear?

4. When utilizing or determining offset, is the nominal wheel width used or is the outside to outside dimension used?

5. If you were to install wider than stock wheels, say 10" on the front and 12" on the back, could you simply add the added width to the backspacing and offset and therefore place all of the additional width to the inside?

6. If you have ever installed wider wheels as mentioned above, is there any interference if all of the additional width is placed to the inside so that tire & wheel do not protrude beyond the fender wells?

Thanks for your help, just trying to understand wheel fitment better. Finding out there is much more to it than just simply talking about offset.

Whoever came up with the term "offset" ought to be shot.:D Seriously though,the two terms "offset" and "backspacing" have always been very confusing to me when used together because offset is measured in millimeters and backspacing is generally measured in inches. I'm used to working with the latter.
I'm not sure I can explain your questions but I can suggest a way to learn. Give John at CCW a jingle and pick his brain a little.
Just curious but what dimensions did Fikse suggest when you ordered your wheels? I'm sure they know Corvettes front and back,Jerry.

Fikse

Jerry,
I would recommend you get in touch with Wayne Hale. He ordered, with some pain I might add, Fikse FM5s for his 415 beast. Went through some build pains and mistakes that you might could avoid. Look at parts wanted on zr1.net for his info.

ted

USA ZR1 said:
Just curious but what dimensions did Fikse suggest when you ordered your wheels? I'm sure they know Corvettes front and back,Jerry.

You would think so but Jerry is having some issues with his wheels fit.

A26B
If you give me your email address, I can forward some information of interest. Unless it is possible to add an attachment on my message. I'm not that familar with the process.
Mike

ZR1 MK said:
A26B
If you give me your email address, I can forward some information of interest. Unless it is possible to add an attachment on my message. I'm not that familar with the process.
Mike

Mike,

When posting, you should see the Attach File option, let me know if you need help.

Rob
When I tried to send the attached files, I got a message informing me that the files are invald. They are excel format with approx 23,000 bytes each.
Mike

Mike,

Yes, unfortunately, the forum software will only allow .jpg, .gif and I believe, .txt files. It can't handle MS Excel.

Rob
Does this mean if I purchase a digital camera, I could take a picture of the printed documents and post them that way.
Mike

Yep, or if you have a scanner, or you're welcome to email me a copy of the Excel file and I can try to scan it and see what I can do with it.

-Rob

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom