Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

storage??

Tigershark_11

Corvette
2000 pewter convertable 6m
I put my 2000 corvette away for the winter in a heated garage. I noticed that some people use the Battery Tender. Is it ok if I just disconnect the battery and leave it alone? Not sure if it will have some affect on the computer system. Anyone know..

Thanks, Bob..

Tigershark_11 said:
I put my 2000 corvette away for the winter in a heated garage. I noticed that some people use the Battery Tender. Is it ok if I just disconnect the battery and leave it alone? Not sure if it will have some affect on the computer system. Anyone know..

Thanks, Bob..

Bob,

This is a link to an article here onsite about long term storage click. There is a Battery section about midway down the page.

Hope this helps until someone with personal experience comes along to answer your question.

:w Jane Ann

I leave my vett in Florida where i don't have access to elec. for a tender. I bought a terminal knob disconnect ,it's fast easy and does't effect a thing on mine except the clock.If you just put it away and plan to bring it back out around April 1st thats only 84 days .84 days is not long term storage ,it's only a nap.

vett boy said:
I leave my vett in Florida where i don't have access to elec. for a tender. I bought a terminal knob disconnect ,it's fast easy and does't effect a thing on mine except the clock.If you just put it away and plan to bring it back out around April 1st thats only 84 days .84 days is not long term storage ,it's only a nap.

Mine is a daily driver... anything more than a week would be long term storage. :L

Sorry guys. ;)

Tigershark_11 said:

Thanks, Bob..

Disconnecting your battery wont hurt anything. You will lose your radio pre sets and code if it is set. The computer will reset parameters when you drive it again. Keep in mind that a battery will discharge, sulfate, and go bad even if it is disconnected. It will just be a slower process with the cable off. A battery tender is a good idea to keep the battery fully charged, even if you remove the negative cable for storage.

I use a battery tender and have for several years now. Just pulg it into the console plug. I fill the tank, put in fuel conditioner and wait for spring.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom