Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Stress Cracks

jeez, you guys know the area pretty well...i'm just off the blinker light intersection of 518 and van dyke road.....home of the ghost of the linbergh baby.....i swear this area is haunted, i live on top of a ridge in the sourland mountains and it's the first area to fog over and the last to clear - i thought fog settled in the valley...whatever

....won't have the '66 on the road for a while, just pulled the tranny to find out why i have so little adjustment in my clutch and why it grinds in the 3/4 shift

...the BIGGEST problem around here is the Johnson farm (of the Johnson&Johnson variety), they feed ALL the critters here and it looks like Mutual of Omaha at times;squint:

...the BIGGEST problem around here is the Johnson farm (of the Johnson&Johnson variety), they feed ALL the critters here and it looks like Mutual of Omaha at times;squint:

I think I can help you out say...around Thursday or Friday of next week. I just ordered my H3 over the internet and Fax. I pick it up this Tuesday in Delaware.

It's got the Off road suspension, so no problem cruzen around your mountain.
I'll have them do the dealer insalled .50 Cal Machine Gun Turret next to the Moon Roof. Maybe the Gel Flame Thrower also..:D

Them critters won't have a chance..:)

When I was married to my first wife I lived in the white house at the intersection of 518 and 31 which was rt 69 before they changed it (signs kept disappearing) ;) My Cousin lives on main st in Hopewell. My Wifes brother just moved into an apt on top of the liquor store and her sister lives outside Pennington plenty of relatives in the area.
My Wifes first husbands family was rumored to have something to do with the kidnapping.
Van Dyke rd rings a bell but I can't picture it. Cherry Valley rd is one I hit with relatives in the Vette though. For some reason they don't want another ride, I can't figure that out. :confused

When I was married to my first wife I lived in the white house at the intersection of 518 and 31 which was rt 69 before they changed it (signs kept disappearing) ;) My Cousin lives on main st in Hopewell. My Wifes brother just moved into an apt on top of the liquor store and her sister lives outside Pennington plenty of relatives in the area.
My Wifes first husbands family was rumored to have something to do with the kidnapping.
Van Dyke rd rings a bell but I can't picture it. Cherry Valley rd is one I hit with relatives in the Vette though. For some reason they don't want another ride, I can't figure that out. :confused

Gawd, I'd love to have a "Route 69" sign. Let me know if one is for sale. Yeah, there are very few kids named Bruno in this area.

OK, so you know where 518 crosses 31. Stay on 518, toward Hopewell Borough. About two miles up, you will start to go up a hill with a blind left curve, there's a blinking light just before the crest and Van Dyke Road is the intersection at the crest. Turn left, ignore the first few houses on the left....the ones with the naked kids in the front yard and the chicken coupes and Merl who wears camo and an orange hat year 'round and you've then found my place. Go to Google Earth and scope out the intersection and you should be able to find my place, it's the one with the long driveway, under construction and with a pickup truck (what else?) near the house.

For fun, I watch my neighbor shoot deer from his outhouse (next to his midyear, of course). Guess the recoil keeps him regular.

My area is not New Jersey. This is Appalachia with more expensive housing (not better, just more expensive.)

I've included a few shots of what it looks like up here in the Sourland Mountains

I know the area, Is Hill Billy Hall still going strong? My Wifes ex lives on Ridge road , she said they had no hot water; yes its a funny part of NJ We often wonder how they pay their taxes, let alone buy food :L We will be back East sometime in June our Nephew was accepted into the Naval Academy and they are having some kind of special ceremony at his HS graduation so we will have to go
We have gotten quite far off track haven't we, I will be giving Corvette rides to anyone brave enough as usual.;LOL

Yep, hill billy hall had a couple of name changes but back to original name and is thriving.
Bowhunted all over the area from Crusher rd to blackpoint and hollow rd, Province-line and Aunt Molly. Been closed out of all but the area below featherbed lane. Deer all over except where I have permission.
Remember Mezaros's junkyard on Zion rd?
Many of the roads curve to avoid big boulders. Tiny vacation like cottages turned into homes mingle with upscale mansions all set among the big woods and boulders. Remember Harold Williams? Of "Body Shop by Harold Williams"? He had a place on 206 by the airport. Was a noted vette guy. Remember going there for a heater valve for the 62 before he hit the bigtime and seeing 50 gallon cardboard barrels filled to the top with vette small parts, one had only badges and emblems. Who knows what lurks in those hills.

Let me know when you guys are in the area, you're welcome to stop by. You'll have to shoo the deer off the driveway, though.

bought my first Vette from Harold Williams a 60 back in 67 wish I still had it.
Yea they stick up "No Hunting" signs and don't allow responsible Hunters to hunt then complain when the Deer eat their flowers and crash there cars.
If I can sneak away in June we'll have a Kuba-Kuba and watch Bambi eat your Wifes flowers. ;LOL

works for me but if it's a weekend, we're just as likely to be downa' shore...either way, let me know and we'll work something out....by June, ONE of the cars ought to be on the road :eyerole

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom