Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

strip results for my snat475

• Thread starter Thread starter bradslt5
  • Start date Start date
B

bradslt5

well the conditions werent very good last nightat famoso 20 mph headwind and dust on the track majing it very slippery. the car went 13.03 @111.66 with a 2.16 50 foot . she ran strong and true. the car is stk except for corsa exhaust that previus owner put on . kinda hope to hit the magic 12s i hate being teased . One bright note she was the star of the show ,as ispent all the time in the stageing lanes anserwing ?s to the 50 or so people asking zillions of ?s about the car. many asking where they could get one . i gotta believe that with the new zr1 comming out that there could very well be a renewed interest in the zr1 . being lucky enough to own 3 of these fine cars.the star if my stable seems to be this fine artic white snat 475. callaway did a fine job of modding these cars. it will be tough not to put headers on her or for that matter transfer the finely ported inj and plenum that corey did for me as well as the headers to see if she could become an 11 sec car:D

Hi Brad, I live close by to the Famoso track and can't believe they raced last nite. It was fairly windy here in town, and a bit of dust. Glad you had a good time out here. It is a fine track, and dosn't get the attention that it deserves. Thanks for visiting

shawn , yeah it was a little nuts . one guy even wrecked . taction was ok for the first hr then the dust got onto the vht and it becae like driving on marbles . last 2 passes i got 20%sideways on the 1sy to 2nd gear change . I am going in 2 weeks .gotta think i can fet a 12 something out of her if the conditions were just a little better . to bad the guys at famoso dont do a weekly deal there were a ton of cars . maybe we can bet a bunch of vet guys there in 2 week ?

I think 12's will be easily attainable. My C5 Z06 has run 12.42 and you have more power than I do. :lou

shawn , yeah it was a little nuts . one guy even wrecked . taction was ok for the first hr then the dust got onto the vht and it becae like driving on marbles . last 2 passes i got 20%sideways on the 1sy to 2nd gear change . I am going in 2 weeks .gotta think i can fet a 12 something out of her if the conditions were just a little better . to bad the guys at famoso dont do a weekly deal there were a ton of cars . maybe we can bet a bunch of vet guys there in 2 week ?
Hey Brad, since the Auto Club has taken over sponsership, the track has gotten better care. If it was up to the county, it wouldn't be there at all. It is still early, but a weekly thing I can't see happening. The owners of the now demolished Mesa Marin Raceway are building a new Complex on the outskirts if civilization here in Kern as you probobly have heard. I work for one of the sub-contractors of the complex, after some financial setbacks, it is coming along pretty nice. Oval track, MX and off road track, and a 1/4 mile track is proposed. Maybe we will have better luck at a weekly venue there. Supposed to be open for the next racing season. But we will have to see. Till then, keep tearing it up! mark

I think 12's will be easily attainable. My C5 Z06 has run 12.42 and you have more power than I do. :lou
A C5 Z is lighter and hooks a lot better though.

Nice times. Trapping at 112mph with a headwind is not too shabby.

thanx , now i would like to get a set of headers and see what she could do . also i pulled the plenum to install new injectors and the porting of the plenum and injector housings seems very light . i just might have to take the plenum and injector housings off the spare motor i have and send to corey.figure as long as what ever mods i do can be turned back to stock i would be ok. also would like to thank bill boudreau the zf doc on one great blueprinted trans that he installed 2 weeks ago. sifts so good that it makes this old guy look good .:D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom