Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Stuck Hood on a '73

S

Steve's73

I screwed up. I was putting the hood back on after doing some engine bay detailing. The passenger side latch won't release. I think when I was aligning the passenger side the pin/spring was not quite centered and when I pull the cable the drivers side pops okay and it sound like the passenger side is releasing yet it is not. I have tried having a helper pull the cable while I pull up and wiggle the hood but no luck. Any suggestions????????

If you reach up through the fender louvers, can you feel the cable that goes to each hood latch? If so, maybe you could try pulling on that. If not, you might be able to stick some type of gear wrench (ratcheting end wrench) onto the passenger side latch nuts from either the fender louver or the underside of the car. The exhaust may get in the way and need to be removed from the bottom, but short of breaking fiberglass, this may be the only way. Wish I knew of something simplier.

--Bullitt

Wasn't there a trick

That there was a plastic plug in the cavity where the wipers go which allowed a screwdriver to go into to manually pop the latch? Might be for later C-3's.

You should be able to get you hand in to the drivers side hood latch and pull on the cable
( the one attached to the hood top ) and pull it to release the catch.... BUT if the pin is misaligned it will be a bear!

Mike

I think this is the only time I regret having A/C, the evaporator will only make it harder. I am going to try and remove the latch from the bottom. I am pretty sure the cable is pulling far enough and that it's a case of mis aligned pin.

Steve,
I did the same &$*&$* thing! How did you get yours open?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom