Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Substitute Part

Bioscache2

Corvette
2001 Blk Coupe
Hey gang, my retainer spring on my front air dam (the part that deflects the air up into the radiator) snapped and the part is obsolete now so GM doesn't make it. I'm sure there is a substitute part or spring I can use. Any ideas?

I did a search for the part #10400760 and might have found one in England of all places, but that's it so far.

Thanks

Hey gang, my retainer spring on my front air dam (the part that deflects the air up into the radiator) snapped and the part is obsolete now so GM doesn't make it. I'm sure there is a substitute part or spring I can use. Any ideas?

I did a search for the part #10400760 and might have found one in England of all places, but that's it so far.

Thanks

That Spring and Retainers are still available from GM,
Spring(2 Required)
Retainers(4 Required)

I have 4 Springs and 8 Retainers in stock,How many you need?? :D

Junk, I think I just need one retainer but I uploaded a pic and you can tell me if I'm calling the parts by their proper name. retainer part.jpg

As you can see, it's frayed on the right end there with the metal puck missing. The hooks (retainers?) on either end of the spring hook into the spring and it came off my front air dam.

Yeah,You need a retainer PM me your Addy,I'll send you one! :thumb

Junk, I think I just need one retainer but I uploaded a pic and you can tell me if I'm calling the parts by their proper name.

PM sent, thanks again.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom