Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

News: Success ! 1995 coupe A/C, fans, OK - no heat

john6277

Corvette
1995 base Corvette - Red / Red
Although I've had my 1st Corvette for less than 6 months, with average or above mechanical skills I know most areas of this 95 base coupe pretty well.
Latest adventure was finding out it had very luke warm heat. From previous forums posts I checked for both heater hoses being hot. They were, but I replaced the plastic passive restrictor in one line ($10) and reverse flushed out the heater core with water anyway. No change, no heat. Looked inside heater/AC box from under the hood and saw the damper door did not move. Now I'm thinking vacuum leak. Next phase was to remove the passenger bolster - not bad as with the fuse door and trim removed it revealed 2 bolts holding the bolster. Then it appeared, a electric air door actuator. I had just replaced one on a Ford, and knew it when I saw it. The electric motor was not turning. Later I found much earlier posts on the forum regarding this. Dorman makes a 604-124 replacement ($50) than does not fit unless you shim it about 1/4 inch and/or grind or cut away part of the heater box. This mod was not an option for me. Ecklers has one that fit perfect for $90. Now I have loads of heat for the fall.
Not finished !
The next day brought the "check engine soon" light intermittently. From my activity under the hood I must have jarred the EGR vacuum line and now saw the rubber angle fitting at the RGR valve was rotten, loose and leaking. EGR is on the top rear of the engine and easy to get to. Cleaned the EGR and replaced the gasket and vacuum fitting, and the car is running smoother than ever.
Success is often not a straight line.

Congrats

Congrats on both identifying and fixing your issues. Feels good when you get one of those problems taken care of.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom