Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Summer only?

Lakotah

Corvette
1999 Pewter coupe
Been thinking about purchasing a 2019 Stingray but I notice it states "Summer Only" tires on the vehicle description. So when winters comes around I'm not supposed to drive my 60K car? I find it perplexing that I see so few new Corvettes on the streets even when the weather is nice. So Chevrolet puts summer only tires on a Corvette?I had a set of those Michelins on my new C-5 and they were the worst tires I can imagine to put on a corvette (noisy, rough riding, poor tire life). I replaced mine with Continentals. I'm going to ask for a discount when and if I order a new Stingray so I can replace those terrible michelins. Kinda looks as though I won't be buying a new Vette.

Summer Only: if the temperature is less than 50F, be more careful. If the temp is less than 40F, leave it in the garage.
There are posts and bulletins here that point out that the Pilot SuperSport tires may crack in cold weather. Plus they lose traction when they get cold (below 50).
So, if your winters are mild, no big deal.
My Vette stays in the garage a lot during the winter because it has the SuperSport tires on it. My V Wagon is driven year round now because it has Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 + tires now.

Then again, you can buy a second set of wheels and put all season tires on them for winter - you might have to go with non-run-flat tires however.

Good luck finding any new high performance car like a Corvette that doesn't have summer tires on them.

That would sure not be a reason for me not to buy one.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom