Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Supercharged Rochester Fuel Injection

Tom Bryant

Administrator
Corvette
1959 black 270hp (9/2/69) 1981 Beige L81(10/20/80)
Has anybody ever seen a Corvette Rochester FI with a Supercharger blowing through it? Thinking ProCharger. Is it possible or would the fuel meter end up being pressurised and turn into a fuel sprayer?

Tom

back in 57 a street racer near here had a mccullogh(paxton now) super charger on a 57 bel air FI hard top. check with them.

I've been doing some measuring and it will be tight to say the least. There is about 9 -10 inches between the top of the steering box and the underside of the hood. The blower has a 9" diameter. The suspension hump in the inner skirt may cause a problem too but there is room enough horizonally as long as I can get some vertical room. If I can round up an old hood that has been scooped or damaged I could remove a section of the reinforcement and even put in a slight bulge if necessary. I have always wanted to build a Cunningham LeMans hood clone anyway. Might end up being a pretty cool piece.

I need to have a garage sale so I can afford the FI and the ProCharger. If I ever get that far along I'll have to get with ATI and get exact measurements on the mounts and housing. Plus I need to figure how to route the intercooler pipes without cutting up my core support. A spare left side panel would solve that though.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom