Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Supercharging C5's

03vette

Corvette
03 black on black convert.
Anyone care to share their experiences with having supercharged their C5? I had mine supercharged by a certifed Callaway dealership and was told that the drive train was strong enough to handle the additional horsepower. Although I am a conservative driver who just likes have the power at my disposal, and have never even smoked the tires, I am now faced with the prospect of having to rebuild the automatic transmission. Would appreciate any discussion on the matter.

salesman lie

another case of a salesman telling a customer something, in order to make a sell. you should have contacted gm, about it before buying it:W

The discussions I been in on with a few very well qualified people have have resulted in the same conclusion. 450HP for the stock drive train is about it.

another case of a salesman telling a customer something, in order to make a sell. you should have contacted gm, about it before buying it:W

Everything I have read says that auto's should be limited to about 400HP and shift at or before 6k to help prolong the transmission. Manual transmission / OEM clutch can take up to about 485HP.

CG

didn't the maggie come with a drivetrain warranty?

fwiw..I usually heard 450rwhp if the automatic tranny had a transmission cooler...to control the temps..

I would imagine...trying to contact the installer and see what they say...

Otherwise there are some very good choices for rebuilt heavy duty transmissions..

I know leadfoot over at www.c5forum.com just had a new heavy duty transmission installed and he might be able to give some insight...

Good luck

JB

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom