Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Supercharging the vette

PUSHIN440 said:
Hey Ryan, I have an ATI procharger installed in my 01 vert, Ive driven about 5500 miles with it so far. I still pinch myself after each drive I take her on. Its sounds great with a nice soft whistle affect at idle then goes away while applying gas. The car just takes off like a raped ape at about 2500 rpm's and pulls rediculously right up to redline. I run 93 octane gas, and have experienced no detonation at all. This is also driving on very warm days. I am getting 440 rwhp at the moment. the car is tuned very conservativly this way Iam hoping to drive this baby over 100,000 miles someday. The system is great, reliable, and actually installable by yourself.{aprox. 13-15 hrs} Just my .02 cents.
Did you install it yourself or have someplace else do it ad if you had some place else do it, where was it?

Z06 Tom said:
Not sure what you mean?? The C5 Vortech kit is air to water aftercooled. The ATI Procharger is air to air intercooled. The Vortech kit has a small radiator that goes down in front of the radiator. It circulates coolant through a charge cooler that cools the intake charge. Both kits in stock trim make about the same power. Mine's at Dynotech in Ft. Wayne Ind. right now getting a T-trim blower upgrade and a set of AFR heads. Should be around 650hp at the wheels when it's all dialed in. Here's mine before it went back under the knife:

342%3A696723232%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E2333%3D986%3D98%3A%3DXROQDF%3E23235587%3B%3B94%3Bot1lsi

Charge cooler radiator:

342%3A696723232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E2333%3D986%3D98%3A%3DXROQDF%3E232357246484%3Aot1lsi
I must have missed the intercooler part

Andy Green at A&A Corvette Specialties has a great ATI P1SC kit with a large front mounted intercooler and a much better bracket that provides more belt wrap. Andy is a real class act. http://www.aandacorvette.com/

save yourself a lot of potential problems with a supercharger and get a "06 Z06. Of course, I suppose there will be those who just have to add a boost to that beast too. How do you guys stay out of jail ( or the hospital/morgue ) with all this horsepower?

OLDGOAT said:
save yourself a lot of potential problems with a supercharger and get a "06 Z06. Of course, I suppose there will be those who just have to add a boost to that beast too. How do you guys stay out of jail ( or the hospital/morgue ) with all this horsepower?

Never drive faster than your angel can fly..... That's one quick little sucker that follows me around!!:Steer

As for the new Z, that's a great option, but you can strap a Maggie on an otherwise stock LS1 and get 130 extra ponies for around 9 grand. Pretty cost effective and reliable. That's what I'd do with a stock LS1.

342%3A%3A%3C4%3B23232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E2333%3D986%3D98%3A%3DXROQDF%3E232376%3A%3C2%3A355ot1lsi

Dyno Graph...

342%3A%3A%3C4%3B23232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2333%3D986%3D98%3A%3DXROQDF%3E232376%3A%3C27998ot1lsi

These things make gobs of low end torque. A bunch of fun from stop light to stop light!!!

If your satisfied with your current car, I would give strong consideration to keeping it and going with the supercharger. My experience with the supercharger has been nothing but pure fun.

Don't forget that the Magnacharger will require a high rise hood! From what I've (superficially) looked into, you should be able to get the polished Magnacharger, installed, with a new hood, painted, for about $8k, maybe less, if you shop around... ...it's the set-up I'm interested in doing, but still not sure how to convince the wife on letting me do it...:D

S-TEE said:
Don't forget that the Magnacharger will require a high rise hood! From what I've (superficially) looked into, you should be able to get the polished Magnacharger, installed, with a new hood, painted, for about $8k, maybe less, if you shop around... ...it's the set-up I'm interested in doing, but still not sure how to convince the wife on letting me do it...:D

Convince the wife? I was always told "It's easier to beg for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission.":D

imagine32000 said:
Contact Andy with A&A Corvette. 5k for complete ATI Procharger kit. You can't go wrong.

- Matt

I agree! In my opinion Andy knows more about the ATI's as ATI does (maybe more) and is one of the best vendors out there for customer service. East Coast Supercharging is Really good too. Good Luck!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom