Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Survived my first outside tail lite change

NitroNutt

Corvette
1990 Comp. yellow coupe R9G
Thanks for the heads up on unbolting muffler and push to side. It was like this:hb:confused:hb:Buttslap:Buttslap for a while. My arm is all scraped up but now I have pass. side brake and turn.:thumb:thumb A bow to CAC Tech;worship;worship;worship

Thanks for the heads up on unbolting muffler and push to side. It was like this:hb:confused:hb:Buttslap:Buttslap for a while. My arm is all scraped up but now I have pass. side brake and turn.:thumb:thumb A bow to CAC Tech;worship;worship;worship

"outside tail lite change"?

Unbolting muffler to change a tail lite? Did I miss something? Are you just changing the bulb? ...or did I totally miss the original post on this? lol

"outside tail lite change"?

Unbolting muffler to change a tail lite? Did I miss something? Are you just changing the bulb? ...or did I totally miss the original post on this? lol

:confused Me too... :confused Muffler?

Can you not just pull the license plate?

You can get to the inside tail light by pulling the plate but to get to the outside light you need small tiny arms. My arms are not tiny. Had to drop the muffler.

Rear Bulbs

For future reference, you can take the lower bumper mounting bolts (2) loose on the side you need to change. This will allow you to change both bulbs without dropping the muffers. It gives just enough flexability to pull the bottom of the bumper out for access.

Ron Kane
Benchmark Corvette Service

I tried the license plate trick, the gas cap mount trick, niether worked. I finally got on my roller (Gave me another 3-4" length on my arm) removed the two small crossed fender supports in the front of the wheel well on the quarter panel, and reached up thru with one hand. It's not easy doing this with one hand but take your time and it will work! 1988 coupe.

:lou

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom