Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Suspension types

Joe Vette

Corvette
2005 Lemans Blue Coupe
Hi all,
How can I determine if my 2005 base coupe has F1, F2 or F3 suspension. I'm looking to replace my shocks and this question came up. Was going to use OEM shocks unless someone has a better idea.

Thanks,
Joe

I believe you are referring to the FE1, FE2, and FE3 suspension codes. I believe the teh FE1 is the base suspension. The FE2 and FE3 ore actually the F55 Selective Ride Control system where you have the Touring and Sport. The RPO codes only list the F55 and the Z51 in 2005. If you look at the 2005 Corvette Regular Production Option Code here on this site for the 2005, you will see the FE1 listed as Suspension System, Soft Ride and the FE2 listed as Suspension System Ride, Handling and the FE3 as Suspension System, Sport. Therefore, the FE2 would be the Touring and the FE3 is the Sport mode.
So it is easy to tell, if you have a selector switch on the console you have the F55. If not you have the base. Thjen again you could have the Z51, Look inside the glove box door and there will be a list of the codes.

If your 2005 is a base model Corvette, i.e: it does not have Z51 then you have the FE1 suspension.

Also, there is some incorrect information in the post immediately above. "FE2" and "FE3" have nothing to do with the two ranges of F55 Magnetic Selective Ride Control ("MSRC" or, just "MR")

"FE1" is the engineering RPO code (as opposed to marketing RPOs, such as "Z51" or "F55") for the base level Corvette suspension.

Corvettes ordered with F55 were equipped with the "FE2" suspension.

"FE3" was the up-level C6 suspension which was part of the Z51 Performance Package. FE3 was never available with MR.

"FE4" was the suspension used on a C6 Z06 and ZR1s. For the ZR1, as standard equipment, it was paired with MR. Later for 2011, '12 and '12, MR was paired with FE4, given the marketing RPO "Z07", and offered on Z06es.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom