Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Suspension

Hi Johnny,
I sent you an e-mail .
As for the six sp. I really dont care for the 4+3 in my car and have been looking and reading about other alternatives . When Ken posted about the Richmaond , I checked it out and appears to be the answer. They make a direct conversion . www.richmondgear.com
They are kind of expensive , but trying to convert to any other is more money. I believe ken quoted $3300. I need a new clutch anyway.

Dave :w

BTW, anyone tell if there is any way to tell if spring replacement is needed? the car sits good. No sagging. I'm not sure if they have been replaced before. 114000 miles right now. Thanks

Dave :w

Over 100K miles check the wheel bearing runout. They will make a big difference in how it drives on the road.

JS

jsinga said:
Over 100K miles check the wheel bearing runout. They will make a big difference in how it drives on the road.

JS

How are you so sure? Replace them, for sure?

John

vms4evr
Hey guys,
topless, how much did you lower the car?

I lowered mine about 1" in the front, 1.5" in the back. The back sits a bit lower than the front. The only thing to keep in mind is your ground clearance. Convertibles have less to begin with since there are frame stiffeners down there. Speed bumps are now a challenge for me. I will probably bring the back up to make it level when I go for my next alignment.

mike

(sorry for the delay, been off the computer for a week :eek )

Topless said:
I lowered mine about 1" in the front, 1.5" in the back. The back sits a bit lower than the front. The only thing to keep in mind is your ground clearance. Speed bumps are now a challenge for me.
mike

Hi Mike,
Thanks for responding. The guy I talked to said 2" was too much and for the same reason. I'd never get over a speed bump... He wants to keep the natural rake to the car. He's also going to change the alignment to what he calls 'more fun' to drive.

The other part of my question though was can you really tell any difference or is this cosmetic?

Thanks, Graham

You can tell a bit of difference in the turns. There is less body roll. I have the 9.5" all the way around, and fe1 suspension (soft).

If you would, please send me the "fun'' alignment specs when you are done. I am probably going to have to get the vette re-aligned in a couple months.

Thanks.
Mike

Hey Mike,
I didn't notice right away, Happy Birthday :birth
Ok. I get it now, I'm a little slow sometimes. I'll let him lowerit. I'll ask him for specs of what he wants to do and why and I'll send the info along. It won't be until March or so. We're on a tight budget for the next couple of months.
Graham

thanks for the b-day wish.

I know what you mean about the funds. Tis the season of melted credit cards and empty bank accounts.

Mike

happy birthday Mike!

That's nice january the 5th I will be 40!! Ha,ha,ha. I think of you.

thank you all for the birthday wishes. :w

It put a smile on my face.

mike

ps. Johnny :birth , I hope you had a good one also.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom