Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! swapping out base stereo for nav unit

jfp1

Corvette
2006 black C6 coupe, previously magnetic red 2004
anyone ever upgraded with a GM nav unit into the original C6 radio? I am finding units on ebay and would like to install one but looking for suggestions/coments.

Among other things, the "new" unit must be 'married' to the car. Not sure how that has to happen, maybe taking it to a dealership for the software fix.

I haven't heard too many people brag up the GM NAV units either. I installed a Jensen aftermarket unit in my Corvette with a backup camera. I recently swapped out the head unit in my 09 Silverado and went with a Pioneer unit. The installer told me that the code was still set in the factory unit, so if I ever decide to go back it could be installed without having to 'marry' it again.

If you want a NAV unit, I think I would go aftermarket. JMO

I have the factory NAV in my 06 and much prefer WAZE on my smartphone. This year, on top of lacking good NAV software, doesn't have BT connectivity which is a big deal for me. I would look after market as well.

I have the factory NAV in my 06 and much prefer WAZE on my smartphone. This year, on top of lacking good NAV software, doesn't have BT connectivity which is a big deal for me. I would look after market as well.

WAZE on the phone is fantastic!

+1

after market nav

does your unit still display in the hud?

does your unit still display in the hud?

Mine does not show in the HUD. But no big deal to me. Not sure if the NAV info shows there anyway.....;shrug

hud display

the original unit shows the station in the hud when you switch stations/bands.

I very rarely switch stations, 99.9% of the time, it's on SiriusXM 60's on 6. :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom