Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

switchable miles-to-km speedometer?

vettebuff

Corvette
1986 coupe white/silver
Somebody said that the speedometer in his car, showing mph could be switched easily to show km/h. It is a 2008 model. Is that so? If so, can it be done on previous year C6 as well?

Yes it can be done on older C6 models. You can change the units through the options menu.

On the C5, there is a button on the driver information center that switches E/M, English to Metric. I don't know about the C6.

On the C5, there is a button on the driver information center that switches E/M, English to Metric. I don't know about the C6.

The E/M button was removed from the DIC control buttons on the C6 and moved to an Options Menu choice. My guess is that it had something to do with the C5 shortcut of being able to access your DTCs without having to take it to a dealer. When they changed the DIC program to take out the DTC shortcut they probably also decided no one need to be able to change their units that quickly.

Actually, it's the same on the C6, but to access that, you have select "Options" from the Driver's Information Center, and toggle through all of the personalized Driver options before you get to it.

How is the switching between miles/h and km/h happening? Is it the actual figures that changes? Or in a different phrasing; is the max readout on the speedometer always 200 regardless of it is 200miles/h or 200km/h?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom