Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: SYS message on digital read out panel

In your first post you mentioned 1 ohm resistors. They should be 1K ohm resistors.

As for the idle quality, when you disconnect the battery, some temporary engine parameters used by the engine computer are lost. As you drive the vehicle the parameters are re-learned. One of them is the quality of the engine idle.

Also when you reconnect the battery, the C68 goes thru a recalibration of the heater blend door which takes about 30 seconds. After the calibration is done, the blower motor turns on.

Take the car to a shop that installs radios or alarms and have them install the resistors. :chuckle

In your first post you mentioned 1 ohm resistors. They should be 1K ohm resistors.

As for the idle quality, when you disconnect the battery, some temporary engine parameters used by the engine computer are lost. As you drive the vehicle the parameters are re-learned. One of them is the quality of the engine idle.

Also when you reconnect the battery, the C68 goes thru a recalibration of the heater blend door which takes about 30 seconds. After the calibration is done, the blower motor turns on.

Take the car to a shop that installs radios or alarms and have them install the resistors. :chuckle

Yeah ecss that was a typo on my part the resisters are 1k, and yeah i think i will have a professional do it lol ,thanks again for all your help:)

I don't know for sure but if the car alarm system is wired through the factory stereo system it should have had a separate control wired in with the aftermarket stereo that allows the alarm and other things to work like your key fobs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom